Ammo stockpile post shtf

Our JAP :wink: loves the commie 9mm. @$140/1000
She’ll eat well come Friday.

JAP? Jewish American Princess.

6 Likes

I find these in our empty trailers sometimes. They can be dried and reused. Even cut into their smaller individual packs. Pretty damn awesome.

3 Likes

I have no idea how much, I bought 4 to 5 thousand rounds every month for a while. I got that stuff piled everywhere. I know I have about 10,000 rounds of vintage 8mm and a few thousand belted 30-06 fmj. I shot a lot of the new stuff last summer too.

8 Likes

I attend about two week long courses a year plus instruct shoot more than most so am always prowling for deals as such List
7.62x39 18,000
5.56. 4,500
.40 S&W. 4,500
.308. 2,000
9mm. 1,500
10mm. 1,500

12 ga. 1,200
20 ga. 1,200

5 Likes

just for general use
9mm Win WB 115 - 1000
7.62 x 25 - 5000
7.65 Kurz - 1000
7.62 x 39 - 500 (about equal mix of FMJ and HP)
12ga - 1000 of #7 2 3/4"
12ga - 1000 of #4 3"
12ga - 500 SSG 3"

3 Likes

Due to ammo prices being very good now I have stocked up a lot over last several months
CCI Mini-Mag ammo as low as $6 per 100
I have added several cases of 9mm and X39, it has been hard to pass up and another event will happen that will make a mad ammo/gun rush and now I can sit them out with no worry
I was good before Newtown and now I am real good
lol

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

:+1:

I have seen three major shortages in my lifetime (Clinton 1994 AWB, Obama election, Sandy Hook). It WILL happen again. Everyone should be taking advantage of the current low prices and plentiful supply.

7 Likes

As soon as the powder hits those brass cases, it starts to degrade.

We have 500 for each of the girls ARs. I have 500 for the Garand.
About 700 for the 45ACPs.
The rest are components. Brass is stored one place, powder and primers in their OEM cartons will last longer than Me.

Im too old to work the fields, but I can make cartridges all day long.
When my Ole man, passed, Mum had a sawback in her purse.
That year I made 14,000 rounds for sale. All My Dads buddies lined up.
We did not take charity.

6 Likes

I need to reup my pistol supply, I think I’m at about 150 left. :frowning:

4 Likes

How long do you feel loaded rounds remain viable?

4 Likes

I have shot Surplus ammo that was over 50 years old. It’s all about how it is stored. Cool and dry will last a long time.

8 Likes

Where oh where to hide the overstock?

“IS THAT MORE???” She asked
“yes it is.”
“DON"T YOU HAVE Enou
” Yeah she realized it was another stupid question LOL

6 Likes

yeah, my “collection” of bourbon is where my “savings” of cash is :sob:

3 Likes

That’s a lot of Wild turkey. You buy it by the keg?

2 Likes

seems wanting to purchase a barrel is frowned upon

2 Likes

So is owning semi automatic firearms, f*** 'em. Freedom and all that good stuff.

3 Likes

No, seriously

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it depend on the actual situation?
Hunkered down in a safe location might meant having plenty of stuff, since you’re staying put.
Having to flee would be restricting yourself to what you can take with you.

4 Likes

I went the intermediate route, of the 6.8 SPC. You (you all considering) need to get the SPC II chamber if you buy one. The real short story is that Remington took the chamber drawing to SAAMI that somebody else made, and changed it. Doing so makes pressure too high. This causes a lot of confusion for many, especially the casual shooter, who shoots often and is “into guns”. SPCII ammo (hot ammo) is what you want and is safe. Just like .308 and 7.62 It is the chamber of the gun. When it is built wrong, the ammo has to be lowered to stay safe. So the original Remington copied guns are all no good. Maybe they did it on purpose to kill it. Don’t think corporate globalists don’t exist at a gun company. And after the 6.8 came out, it kind of fizzled because the ammo had to be weak or risk a problem like putting .308 in a 7.62 gun.

Hunters and reloaders and the company formerly known as SSA rescued it. Now it is quite popular with a good ammo selection.

4 Likes