Ammunition Manufacturer FFLs: Is there a certain level of insurance required by the ATF?

If there are any ammunition manufacturers on here, is there a requirement of a certain level of insurance required by the ATF?

5 Likes

You going to help us with some supply issues? :+1:

5 Likes

I would love nothing more than to do that; however, I have to wait for my application to be approved God willing.

8 Likes

Good deal, I have one 1,000,000 question…

primers?

5 Likes

Primers are beginning to become more readily available; however, until domestic production is in full swing, a lot of those offered are imported.

8 Likes

I would think ANY business that sold/made things that go boom would want product liability insurance.
Some dumbass is going to misuse their product and call an attorney.

6 Likes

Rex, you’re absolutely correct. My question is not so much should I get insurance, but more akin to is there a certain amount of coverage required by ATF rules? I ask because, I need to know how much coverage to request.

7 Likes

Did you ask the ATF? I would think that an amount would be in the application paperwork if there were a minimum amount required.

5 Likes

Not yet. There was not stated requirement in the application. My packet is being processed, per them charging my business card already. My interview and inspection has not been set up yet. I just do not want to be blindsided by something like that and not have at least a evidence of a quote.

6 Likes

Call the local field office. They should know. When we had a gun shop and got our FFL there was no insurance requirements.

5 Likes

Thank you, I will try that.

4 Likes