Another 2011 build

This time 40 S&W.

19 Likes

Nice job. I need to look into making one of these but the scarcity / cost of parts right now makes me cringe

13 Likes

Nice job.

12 Likes

Stuff is out there. Mostly ebay and extreme shooters. Get it before they outlaw it.

12 Likes

@Bimmerland, cool .40👍

12 Likes

That’s a lot of envy right there :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Nice. Really like the full length dustcover /tac rail look. Almost looks too big for the slide.
Haven’t seen the long slide RIA without the radius cuts at the front.

10 Likes

I purposely didn’t want the slide cuts so the firearm looks seamless. This is my second 2011 and both are built the same way. Just a little more cool factor.

13 Likes

I like the traditional plain jane stuff, but that looks really nice, :+1:

11 Likes

I’ve been wanting to build one
I even had a setup but I let it go
The plastic grip modules are a real turn off to me
The aluminum ones are so expensive it prices a build out for me 800 for a nice grip is ridiculous

8 Likes

I found a STI polymer grip that looked nice and the price was under $200

8 Likes

WOW, that’s a steal!

7 Likes

Rouge tac its $895 and you get a frame too
https://www.rogue-tac.com/OUTLAW-Grip-Rogue-Tactical-Frame--80_p_111.html

9 Likes

Still $600 for grip and a MSH. I really want to build a slab side but just can’t pull the trigger!

9 Likes

You can always go for a single stack slab slide build

10 Likes

Now where’s the fun in that? :wink:

8 Likes

The classics never go out of style.

8 Likes

Amen (and awoman)

8 Likes

I know, double stacks are fun, but…

This single stack is as wide at the front as the 2011 frame and will match the width of the slide pretty close.

7 Likes

Yes, exactly what I want to do, but tough finding a full length dust cover frame for the 1911 these days. Used a Hellfire aluminum frame for the 10mm longslide, probably won’t use them again. Pretty much need to go 2011 to get a decent full length dust cover frame it looks like.
Thinking out loud, a 4-1/4" slabside on a readily available 1911 frame might make a good looking build.
Commander I just finished up, the one we were discussing fitting the wilson hi ride safety on a while back, it’s a shooter!

13 Likes