Another day on Armslist. ATF fishing expedition?

the term Silencer was the term patented by Maxim
it become the term for sound suppression much like anything firearm related is a assault rifle…
either or …

3 Likes

Yea I had look it up, I didnt know much about the history. The creator shouldve just coined both automobile mufflers and firearm silencers as “mufflers”. Sounds less aggressive, libturds would have a much harder time scaring people with that term and it would be far less deceiving.

Supposedly some Asian countries refer to automobile mufflers as “silencers” sounds weird.

4 Likes

Your just confusing what it does with what it is called, this is english man, it doesn’t have to make sense. If anyone thinks for a minute that not using a certain nomenclature would change how the elite manipulate the feelings of the masses your missing the intent behind their manipulation. They would simply find another “trigger word” and assign the meaning they want to it.
At this point the best response I know is buy more guns and ammo while training friends and family how to use them.
And don’t get in trouble buying “solvent traps”!

5 Likes

I agree with you on all points @jtallen83. We’re on the same page and my initial response to you was overly harsh. What started out as my joking around with @EQuinn about semantics has evolved into a debate I don’t feel strongly about either side.

I’m just annoyed at the antis and their campaign to brand every innocuous little component of the shooting sports as something it’s not -with a bent toward the wholesale portrayal of enthusiasts such as us something we’re not. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with debate, it’s the dialectic that moves us forward. No worries about being “harsh” with me, the only harsh words I take to heart come from my Mother!
The only thing in this thread that bothers me in the slightest is the possibility it may lead someone to purchase one of these solvent traps. Unless you have unlimited funds and want to fight the ATF there is no good reason to put yourself at risk, tax stamps are way cheaper than lawyer bills and there are many good manufacturers of top quality Silencers…had to use it :wink:

8 Likes

Mufflers, great idea ! We should start referring to them as that in conversation and see if the term catches on. Then it could refer to vehicle mufflers, suppressors, or cold weather neck wear.

3 Likes

the problem is the present day debate was create almost 100 years ago by misinformation and misrepresentation. It was a evil device as portrayed by hollowwood as something only the nefarious and criminal would use. It took something and defied physics (much like (Getsmart and the cone of silence) by taking something that was a loud bang bang and turning it into a poo-poo, it was even able to remove the mechanical noises the gun made. In essence by science terms we had created a sound black hole that sucked the bang and fired it off into a separate dimension

2 Likes