Another mass shooting threat arrested

This is getting ridiculous. I can’t believe people are standing by and watching people get arrested for speech. It’s making me wonder why we even have a constitution. Or why we have a Supreme Court or why we have a congress? Is this all a dog and pony show or do we really believe in our rights?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-antonio-brown-signing-fan-mass-shooting-threat

5 Likes

yep, seems it’s on the books

(b) Whoever willfully communicates or causes to be communicated, either directly or indirectly, orally, in writing, by mail, by use of a telephone or telecommunication device including, but not limited to, electronic mail, Internet communications and facsimile communications, through an electronic communication device or by any other means, a threat:—

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section14

5 Likes

I see the concern but I don’t know why we go straight to an arrest with charges of terroristic threats. I think it would be better to maybe put them on a probationary period or a search warrant to see if there’s any other proof he was truly planning on such things.

I’m not a huge fan of arresting people for a moment of passionate speech on a subject. Specially if he deleted it on his own accord

5 Likes

My opinion if you’re making death threats your ass ought to be arrested!

8 Likes

Stupidity knows no bounds.

6 Likes

Many people feel like that and I won’t say you’re wrong. Many people enjoy thinking that safer is better and maybe it is. I just think it’s better to go about it a different way.

5 Likes

And yet, all these rappers can make songs about killing whitey or killing cops, and that’s just peachy?

7 Likes

I still think that’s okay too. Trust me though, I’m not a fan of the American black culture or their music. But will I defend their rights? Yes because their rights are also mine.

4 Likes

I wasn’t saying it’s not Okay. Just saying how is that different than someone saying they want to kill someone out of passion for something?

5 Likes

Lol I see your irony. And why wasn’t that comedian arrested for the trump decapitated head? Or why wasn’t Snoop Dog arrested for his threat? Who was that lady that threatened to blow up the White House? Oh yeah Madonna.

Haha good point, why are they all sliding by on this?

6 Likes

When you’re a Democrat, it’s different

6 Likes

Points for the Defense Attorney right there.

6 Likes

@EQuinn you’re a bad ass. Very good points maybe you should be a lawyer

5 Likes

Thanks. Nah, I hate arguing. I’ll stick to engineering. But these are dots anyone should be able to connect.

5 Likes

Funny, I’m sitting in a warehouse this very moment with a bunch of lawyers doing an inspection on a computer that caught fire in someone’s house. Seems the homeowners policy paid the damages and is now suing every company that had a component installed in that computer. I’m here as a ‘subject matter expert ‘. Everyone is already planning to just settle and split the cost. The insurance company gets their money back because it’s too expensive to fight it. There’s at least 30 people here. The cost in time for all these people today alone is more than the insurance company paid out. It’s all a big game.

6 Likes

Is this true Mark? Here’s a tip before you answer, don’t!

6 Likes

OH NO!!!
The dreaded SME!!!

Funny I pictured you as looking a little bit different.

5 Likes

Most giants fans are psychotic
Good call. :rofl:

5 Likes

Was involved in a similar deal

BIG GAME

Is correct, lots of money going around for everyone, insurance company is the piggy bank that the insuree pays into for all the game contestants.

4 Likes

^ This is me at my job. If the SME you display is for “subject matter expert”. Sometimes I hate being the go-to for information. Occasionally in my head I utter “why don’t you just look it up yerself”. But then I realize I’m disgruntled. Haha. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes