Another Top 5 Rifles Countdown!

This time it is the Top 5 22LR rifles that I own as of May 2020.

11 Likes

I would have had the marlin 60 up there a little higher and the Henry at the top. But it was like always a great video.

My favorite 22 is the marlin 60 but I don’t own a lot of 22’s either

12 Likes

My favorite .22 is my Winchester 9422 XTR lever gun. It was a birthday gift when I was barely a teenager.

11 Likes

First gun my Dad bought for me: Remington Model 512 for me. Tube fed, bolt action goodness. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My first gun was an Ithaca mod. 49 Saddle Gun that Dad bought for me :smiley: and I still have it.

9 Likes

Those guns that stay with you are always the best ones

8 Likes

Good picks.
As some know -
“Hi I’m Mike and I’m a .22aholic”
My fav to shoot changes from month to month.
I’ll Take a Winchester Galley Gun from the 1920’s Atlantic City Boardwalk and have a blast shooting one of grandads favs then the next week the S&W 15/22
My sons 9422 - his birthday present at 6 y/o
The Marlin 60 the kids shot out candles with? Special memories.
When I want to do keyholes - Mossberg 151m.
Our lightly modified 10/22 drives tacks. Every one should have one.
BTW - I’ve been buying .22 by the 5000 case for years now after the last .22 shortage, my grandkids will be well supplied into the future :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I have the first ruger 10/22 that my Dad gave me… Its a 1973 “no warning” runs great barrel is still good (lead .22 rounds).
in 2017 I thought guess I could get a newer one, bought a nice new shiny 10/22 all composites and a new leupold scope. I still find myself squirrel hunting with the old 10/22.
There is something about that original rifle I can’t put my finger on. Even other people who shoot them can tell the difference. Might be the all metal construction and the wood.

9 Likes

Love my Marlin model 60. First rifle I ever had. Mine first one had a longer barrel tho

8 Likes

I have divorced myself from 22’s and the smallest caliber I like is the 17 HMR in the Savage A17. This does much more and much better than any .22 cal can do.
I have very good accuracy at longer ranges with explosive hits. Using a .22 cal a critter can crawl away never to be found if shot placement is of for any reason. Not so with a 17 HMR, even a less than perfect shot anchors critters in their tracks. Try it you’ll love it.

6 Likes

i have several 17 HMRs… but 22lr is my obession mainly because of youth shooting sports and rimfire match stuff… can’t use magnums there

5 Likes

Yep The older ones have a lot less plastic and are of better quality IMHO.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, you can’t run 17HMR subsonic. And I gave up hearing protection a long time ago.

4 Likes