Any 1911's in 10mm with short barrels out there?

We had a guy in basic training get recycled because he pissed on another trainee in the showers.

2 Likes

… did you really just say that?..

5 Likes

I cant recall seeing one offered shorter than the Rock Island 4.25". Most people in the market for a 10mm 1911 are going the other way with at least 5" and preferably 6" pistols for hunting. It would be an interesting pistol to shoot.

2 Likes

So if I’m ok with a 4.25" barrel what do you all think of these Armscor 10mm’s? And are they worth the extra ~$50 over the .45 ACP variants of the same pistols for practicality? Not cool badass factor but practicality as an EDC weapon. Would not be looking to spend Kimber kind of money either.

https://grabagun.com/rocki-51993-rock-ultra-10m-ms.html

FYI, the secret I have is we are about to refi the house and pay off all debt (childcare is artificially expensive so we need some breathing room) so we are taking a bit out to get things like a better safe and the EDC’s. (And another Star BM of course!) So I’ll be getting my EDC in about 3~4 weeks dependent on when we close.

1 Like

It seems like you really want the 10mm so the $50 difference in price is worth not suffering the nagging regret you’ll have if you buy the 45ACP. I recently bought the double stack 10mm version so I’ll give you my impression after around 800 rounds.The finish is exactly what I would expect on a 1911 at this price point plain but functional Parkerizing for a pistol that’s going to get a lot of holster wear anyway I don’t really care. The fitting on mine is excellent slide to frame and barrel lockup are tight and it shows in accuracy.The feed ramp is very nicely polished and chamber support for the cartridge case is also excellent Out of the box mine wouldn’t feed reliably due to excessive extractor tension once I tuned the extractor it eats EVERYTHING. I purchased two additional magazines and have fired at least 600 rounds using all three magazines without a malfunction after tuning the extractor FMJ,JSP,HP and lead hardcast all feed without a hitch. It’s not as pretty as my Colts but is just as accurate and reliable. I’d definitely opt for the one with the standard dust cover the rail to me ruins the classic lines of the 1911 and your probably not going to mount a light on your carry gun anyway.

3 Likes

I have zero experience with the Super or the 460 Rowland but they do put out some impressive numbers.

1 Like

Never seen a 10mm short bbl offered. How about a Detonics 451 Magnum , 3"bbl averaging 1350 fps

6 Likes

Strange you’d have that…

awesome!

2 Likes

Why strange ?

2 Likes

Seem like a Glock guy…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Glock :thinking: isn’t that Austrian for Hi-Point

5 Likes

Hi points dont have military or LE contracts , 1911s dont either, kind of weird how the times change.

1 Like

FBI Swat/HRT use 1911’s by Les Baer

2 Likes

They also use Springfield armory 1911s, supposedly. (I read that in a gun rag so it could be BS) Most LE uses glocks though.

1 Like

That looks badass.

3 Likes

That’s good to know!

Both brothers were in different branches and they both carried 1911’s because the M9 they were issued were shit (no idea if that was officially allowed, I didn’t ask haha). One served during both Iraq wars. If I hadn’t of had a couple of the serious leg/back injuries that disqualified me I would of also enlisted and carried and 1911 too. But I digress. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

So this topic might be moot. I found a couple of VEPRs I’m interested in. I’m just gonna buy another Star BM, have it cerakoted and carry it.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s some monies…!

2 Likes

Agreed. Unless it’s for a WWI 1911.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 1911 80% 9mm Frame Choices?