Any Good Online Sites For Military Surplus?

With the crap that’s going down these days, I’ve been thinking I need to get a little more serious about my prepping. I’m WAY behind the curve. I would like to look into some milsurp stuff to see what I could get my hands on that might be useful. There aren’t a lot of options around here for local shopping so I wondered if anyone has a line on a good, reputable online store that deals in surplus gear.

Also curious whether milsurp is priced about the same as regular civilian options, cheaper or more expensive. I figure prices have had to increase with the growing popularity of prepping over the last 15-20 years but not sure how drastic it is. (And of course, shipping is outrageous now as well.)

Anyhow, if anyone has any valuable info to share on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

7 Likes

Surplus is not what it used to be, I have one local but the prices are not what I remember them to be, that said whenever I speak with the owner he is always shipping something somewhere that surprises me, people do find a way

7 Likes

All the good stuff was bought up 20 years ago.
chinese knock offs are all there is now.

7 Likes

I’ve kinda seen that from some of the websites I have looked at. That’s why I was hoping one of y’all might have something more authentic.

I may just have to look in a more civilian direction. If I have to buy Chinese crap, I might as well get it at Walmart. Although I have yet to find a gas mask at Walmart…

A lot of his stuff looks very civilian to me. Especially the tents. I will explore the site some more later though.

5 Likes

I don’t know how prices compare, but this place has some surplus supplies from the world.

They currently have one style of gas mask in stock.

They have the disclaimer that they are intended as props and not guaranteed to do what they were originally intended to do. So I would look elsewhere for that.

6 Likes

There is also this website. They sell a wide variety of surplus things including this…

6 Likes

I kept a couple of old shotgun new mags to reminisce time to time about the good ole days

5 Likes

Not meaning derail too much, but my wife went to see the Judd last month.

5 Likes

Was she innocent?

5 Likes

GovPlanet is a good one. But then suddenly your in the surplus business…

6 Likes

I’m traveling in a place with very little kosher food. It’s putting the importance of food in a new perspective, teaching me what the bare basics are that I need to survive. I’m having to get creative with boiling eggs in hotel coffee makers, seeing how much I can use local vegetables on the move, and understanding that rolling weight in my suitcase is preferable to keeping it in my backpack.

It’s like a gentle intro to prepping and foraging.

6 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Misnomer (better title pending?)

This is a surplus I would have liked to receive from GovPlanet.

4 Likes

Had they showed up at my place you’d never have read the article

4 Likes

GovPlanet is a good one. But then suddenly your in the illegal arms business…

:rofl:

5 Likes

Just looked at the site and I see what you mean. That’s a few more bulk quantities than I’m looking for.

And I didn’t see any cases of M-16s either. :rage:

5 Likes

Any protective mask that does not have spin on 40mm filter cans is obsolete and filters are not available any more.
All them bargain masks with old filters are training aids at best.

4 Likes