Any other musos here?

Couldn’t find another suitable location to ask, although I’m sure someone will correct me! :flushed:
I’m actually a music teacher by trade and was a high school music teacher for many years. Now I do it once a week at a primary school plus choir and band programs. I sing, primarily play guitar but also bass, keys, drums (functionally) and trumpet (badly). I’ll have a crack at anything with strings, so long as it doesn’t have a bow. I’ve played in a number of covers bands, currently gig solo with a guitar and backing tracks and play guitar for worship music most weeks at church. It’s my other expensive hobby/lifestyle.
So, who else hear loves making music?

9 Likes

I play a hell of a radio!

8 Likes

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner.

And I still think Disco sucks.

7 Likes

Snap! I’m teaching 3rd & 4th grade students the ukulele right now. We have a stack of them at work.

6 Likes

Holy jump’n jupiter @Stumpkiller what flashback year we talking about? I’ll take a stab in the dark at that one and say 1977. Good picture!

4 Likes

I’m guessing ‘78…a pool anyone?

And welcome to you @HerdingCats from AZ!

Played trumpet and coronet throughout jr. high and high school, tried getting back into it a year or so ago, but I forgot how much it hurts developing those muscles all over again :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Pretty good guess IMO, I’d bet you’re not off by more than a year :grin:

5 Likes

Well, ya know, I never said I was a math major :wink:

5 Likes

Here I am playing my most recent gig at a local pub. Unfortunately, with the spike in Covid in Australia recently they’ve clamped down on live music again and it’s absolutely freezing overnight here in town at present so I haven’t got anymore bookings for the time being. But I’m sure that’ll change.

5 Likes

I play guitar and bass. Can play drums get by-ably

6 Likes

@gunarchy that describes my drumming! :flushed:

5 Likes

Great share, we’ve a good area if you have more

My favorites for both are easy to guess :grin:

Though for bass Robert Trujillo is up there also :+1:

5 Likes