Anybody from Cherokee Co. NC?

Some positive news…

12 Likes

Thats where my wife and I lived for a bit, the state still has some serious BS but that area is really beautiful

This was off our front deck

9 Likes

Good on them. I’m not from there, but own a few acres of land in neighboring Swain county.

4 Likes

Damn nice view. You must have had some good motivation to leave that for Florida.

6 Likes

@Robert great pic!

4 Likes

@Robert

Very nice view, Robert.

So, why did you leave it? Especially, to come to Florida where no such view can be found.

2 Likes

I’m pretty impressed with some Florida views

3 Likes

Meh.
Probably a cell tower in there somewhere.
But while palm trees are nice I prefer them when they’re not planted in neat little rows.

2 Likes

I love them all, we have a great variety of tree’s, tons of palms, oaks with spanish moss, huge leaf plants, even gloomy days are gorgeous here

heat/humidity & bugs do get very trying though

lol, and the lizards wandering in your house

likely the worst part though is the people.

3 Likes

@Robert

Most of that I like, but the Spanish moss - no, I hate that - what a pain to get rid of!

Never had a lizard get in my house (except if you count a couple of frogs - that were quickly shown the way back out of the house).

Regarding the people - well, we do have our own specialty:

The Florida Man Syndrome

https://www.reddit.com/r/galokot/comments/480uxl/florida_man_syndrome/

1 Like

I’d never dream of getting rid of any of it, love it, very southern, very beautiful.

1 Like

Amen to that. I grew up in FL, but as an adult I’ve come to hate it there, especially due to the sheer population density and what it’s like driving in that environment. On a trip to see my folks one year, I came to the conclusion:

All Floridians are either 18 or 80, with nothing in between. The 18 year olds all drive 80 while the 80 year olds all drive 18. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

@spook

Sorry you have had such bad experiences with Floridians.

I am a Floridian and am in my 60’s. And, of course, among others, there is Robert, who I am pretty sure is neither 18 or 80.

And, I rarely drive 80 mph or 18 mph (I pretty much follow the speed limit). Don’t know how Robert drives.

2 Likes

We went to cape Canaveral last summer and yes the traffic sucked and I don’t think I meet anyone that was from Florida. I ended up taking secondary highways and made better time getting out.

2 Likes

Just another reason the Fl place is on the block.
Pinellas county and surrounding ones are a traffic nightmare anymore.
I gotta pack a lunch just to go to Wesley Chapel.
Caged rats behave badly too

Fl%20Interstates .

4 Likes

Nailed it.

2 Likes

@mjrfd99

LOL. There is some truth to your depictions of the interstate highways.

2 Likes

That is not at all what I said. I have nothing against Floridians.

Please don’t take my previous post literally as it was said in jest.

3 Likes

Franklin County NC here, a ways away from Cherokee

3 Likes