Anybody here going to Virginia tomorrow?

Unfortunately I’m not going. A bit too far from Cal given out situation. But if anyone is I hope we can get some good reports. Not the two minute twisted media reports.

https://www.facebook.com/VCDL.ORG/posts/important-request-we-need-10000-patriots-to-fill-the-capitol-grounds-for-mondays/3631179833566326/

7 Likes

Can you tell by that page if they are solely responsible for organizing the event?

3 Likes

I’m definitely not going. I don’t think I want to be involved with people who want to storm the capital armed when no law has been even passed yet

4 Likes

I know it says unarmed in this posts but from what I have read some militias are calling for it to be armed. Not sure this is a good idea

4 Likes

I would think it would be better to protest and possibly keep the laws from being passed in the first place. Than being a felon while waiting for the courts to sort it out. It’s also a lot cheaper when you don’t have to hire lawyers.

7 Likes

I will be there tommorow for the rally
It’s about a hour south of me
I feel I have to go but the crew and I are on high alert
@Joe some of your sentiments is one of the reasons the 2a is under such scrutiny
People are afraid to voice there opinions or just don’t care enough about there rights to be vocal
Virginia is a hot spot at the moment and as one of its residents (there are several here) it my responsibility to voice mine and others displeasure about draconian laws proposed by liberal idiots
The law in va will be the most draconian in this country
And we refuse to become California ,new York ,Maryland
We refuse to go silently into that day

9 Likes

why did Virginians vote these idiots in anyway? Sounds like your fight at the voting booth was lost horribly.

I agree with making your voice heard as a Virginian. If I was a Virginian I would be there. And if it passed, I would simply move. But why should these outside voices matter more than the Virginian voter? These people were voted for were they not?

4 Likes

It’s because northern VA is full of DC shitheads. It might as well be another state. I wish WV would annex or take in like 95% of the VA counties.

6 Likes

They were voted for. But people frequently don’t vote on one issue. I’m not there and can’t possibly understand how the conservatives are so outnumbered that these liberal hacks get elected. But it’s also clear that with most of the jurisdictions voting to become gun sanctuaries that the politicians are not representing the will of the people. These laws are blatantly unconstitutional. (And I don’t need arguments from lawyers about how to interpret the constitution. I can read.)
So I’ll support these guys.
Will it get ugly? Hope not. But who knows.
Will the libs go undercover and start shit? Hope not. But wouldn’t surprise me.
But I wish I could attend.
When we’re settled in Idaho and have less responsibilities I plan to attend at least some of these types of events, wherever they may be.

5 Likes

The issue here is in northern va where I’m at
We have large populations of immigrants and illegals
From all countries
We also have a federal government shipping in employees from all Over the country that has changed the political landscape in this part of the state
They vote liberal now because the cost of living here is outrageous at the moment and want the fake relief that dems promise
The majority of this state is still red but the overpopulation of the northern counties has taken over the political landscape

8 Likes

There was so much outside money spent on the elections in VA last fall. In my friends state Senate race he spent about $40,000 on his race. The Dems spent OVER half a million. For a job that only pays $18,000. There were races where there was only 1 party even running a Dem.

9 Likes

This should be illegal

5 Likes

The Lobby Day event isn’t new, and my understanding is that the VCDL has been involved in encouraging people to show up for Lobby Day events in previous years. What happened different this time, is that the democrats made a fair amount of noise (well before the legislative session started) about the sweeping gun control they were going to pass (assault weapon ban, red flag law, universal background checks, etc).

Some noise was raised in opposition to those bills, and the governor started making threats about the measures he would take to see that those laws were enforced (when the bills still had not even been discussed in committee) and that local law enforcement would be punished if they did not enforce them (banning them from ever again working in law enforcement in the state of Virginia, as I recall). Around that time, I think the VCDL was talking about making the Lobby Day event bigger than usual, to show opposition to the bills, and things started growing, as other groups started calling for people to attend and show their opposition to the governor’s threats.

At some point after that, the head of the VCDL apparently got concerned about the number of people saying they were going to be showing up in armor and carrying rifles, and issued a statement requesting that people limit themselves to carrying handguns at the rally. That seemed to upset some people, and (because people often don’t like being told what to do) resulted in them becoming more determined to show up carrying rifles.

Since the governor’s statement of guns being banned on the capitol grounds on Lobby Day, and information about the temporary fencing and metal detectors getting out, the VCDL asked (from some comments I have seen, but I haven’t yet seen this directly from the VCDL) the people that are coming armed, to gather at a location near the southwest corner of the capitol grounds, making an attempt at keeping some semblance of order among those that the police will not allow inside the fence.

6 Likes

So all organic with just the right ingredients?

5 Likes

And a governor escalating things by

(before the bills were even discussed in committee)

• threatening to send the state police to confiscate guns after they are banned
  • then (after it was pointed out that the state police didn’t have the manpower) threatening to send the Virginia National Guard to confiscate guns after they are banned
  • threatening to punish those who refuse to enforce the new laws

…and then banning guns on capitol grounds, at nearly the last minute before the rally.

It appears that he had planned to wait until Friday to make that announcement, but somebody leaked his intention to the news media, prompting him to announce it a couple days earlier. If he had waited until Friday, it would have eliminated the possibility of an injunction, since the state courts were scheduled to be closed on Friday.

A request for an injunction was filed, pointing out that a state law (passed in 2012) made it illegal for the governor to use a state of emergency as authority to ban the carry of guns, but the judge refused to issue an injunction against the governor’s illegal order.

7 Likes

Virginia is boned… you guys arn’t even trying tbh. The fact that no one has had their sheriff march up there and arrest him for violating his oath of office is a pure sign that this is going to end like all of the other states that democrats pulled this in.

5 Likes

I don’t think they’re screwed but these bills will pass wether we like it or not. The majority democrat Virginia legislators will pass it, they will send it to the governor, and the governor will sign it. There’s no way around that. None.

But it will be challenged in court and hopefully fails. But… in today’s political environment about guns I doubt that as well.

It’s a this point you should be mad

3 Likes

We’ll see, fellas, soon enough. This is the first stage of a roll out, as others have said, and if it works it’ll trickle around state to state. This is the beginning of a long game.

5 Likes

^ 100% this. THAT would be a deterrent to any other state trying to do this crap.

3 Likes

fixed

3 Likes