Anyone else get separation anxiety?

7 Likes

Hell. I don’t even fly somewhere without my EDC being checked in. So, naturally there are some stated (cough, California, Cough, New York…) that I don’t visit. I typically stay with places that honor my CWP.

So I do get a little bit of Separation Anxiety but I know in a few hours I will be reunited.

5 Likes

I do I do

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Wait…what?

No, of course I don’t! :lying_face:

3 Likes

YES! As a federal employee I am not allowed to carry at work so I spend more time than I care for without a firearm in reach. I can’t even have a knife longer than 2 7/8 inch but then the ESEE Junglas I keep with me is technically a small machete, within the rules. :wink:

5 Likes

Since getting very ill on a cross country flight, my solution to this problem is not to fly anymore.
If I can’t get there by car I just don’t go.
And if I watch the speed limit nobody treats me like a criminal, either.
See how simple life can be?

7 Likes

Safe on board. Bolted to 8 in I beam underneath. Rarely fly. This toyhauler is “loaded”

5 Likes

Been consistently overseas for about 3 years now. I go home once every now and then, but it’s never enough. I still have to remind myself that I’m not missing something when I do my daily waistline pat-down check when I go out. Granted I get to carry a few rifles with fun-switches, but it’s not my gear, it’s Uncle Sam’s.

6 Likes

Oh yes… but when I cannot carry a firearm (very rarely) I carry a blade. (Ok, I always have a blade) and if I cannot carry that? I check to see what’s around me to use at any given moment. :grin::crossed_swords:

6 Likes

I get separation feelings, but not anxiety.

4 Likes

LOL when in Jamaica - I steal the biggest knife I can from the resort first thing. The place is like typical craphole demoncrap city. Beset with crime violence and murder. Oh those sons huh?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/jamaica-8217-s-crime-crisis-8230-how-did-we-get-there-_111455?profile=1096

4 Likes

When my last flight landed coming back from Afghanistan and my feet touched dirt, I said that was my last flight, I have not flown since, I take my truck everywhere and it’s loaded and always close, so no anxiety for me.

6 Likes

I don’t fly . Like rjburk We drive and I always carry and have more in the car.

7 Likes

If my gun can’t go, I don’t go, the only exception is the hospital and court, I will stick a .380 in my pocket in other places that are not gun friendly. Now that I can’t use my right arm, I have modified an old holster until a new one gets here and switched carry guns, as much as I hate to leave my 1911 behind, and switched over to this for now.

Flying? not likely, sure wish I had practiced weak hand shooting more.

9 Likes

Joe stole my thunder. Like him if I can’t carry I don’t go, period. Since I carry off body even places that display the “no weapons allowed” signs don’t stop me from carrying anyway. In Maine they have no force of law. All they can do is ask me to leave and I would if asked.

I’ve only been made once. One time was at the supermarket when I was carrying a 1911. The spare mags were easily seen and a friend said, “I know what they are.”. Then I changed to a 9mm with a double stack mag and an extension. They get carried in the same pouch in the very same slung pack and the extension is plainly visible. But I painted the extension the same color as the pack and no one has recognized it for what it is yet. It just looks like some sort of box if someone can pick it out from a pack of similar color.

Lots of times I’ll take a longish gun with us. Esp’ if I’m going behind enemy lines and into crime ridden areas (into demonrat infested land).

8 Likes

Sorry: :blush: , Yeah, I forgot I have a .38 in my sling pack as well, it’s just too hard to get to right now, again, sorry :innocent:

8 Likes

:rofl: Don’t be. We just think alike. It’s scary.

8 Likes

Spent a winter working on Cape Cod, bugged the crap out of me not having anything on the nightstand. I was going to apply for the possession permit but it would have cost near $800 and the chief of police said she would not sign the application if I did get past the classes, “We have enough firearms in Provincetown already.” Thank god the nra has safeguarded my 2A rights, I still have the right posses a weapon in Massachusetts as long as I don’t stop for long, thank you nra, that was so worth trading away any chance I had of owning an M-16.

9 Likes

Just be glad you got out of P town :wink: and be glad you missed the summer Mass is a weird place and just flat out sucks. I have a friend there who could not get his carry permit in Boston, he moved a few miles to Chelsea and got his permit with no problem. That just shows the issue will may issue States.

10 Likes

Yup, my brother in Mass has no problem at all. Also has a carry permit. Tells me his Chief is very pro 2nd A. It should be written into law and not subject to whim, graft, or favoritism.

11 Likes