Anyone else like compact suppressor setups?

The Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm with the Dead Air Odessa has been one of our favorite compact pistol combos to demo. We was impressed with the sound performance from such a thin suppressor. The adjustability it comes with just gives the end user so many options! If your looking from a pistol can go demo one!

10 Likes

5 Likes

I have a Dead Air Sandman-K for my rifle. I love a compact suppressor. I donā€™t need hearing safe, I just want all of the other benefits of a suppressor on my rifle.

I do want a 9mm suppressor, and Iā€™m dying the configurable Dead Air Ghost-M. Long and short configuration.

Pretty excited about a suppressed PCC.

4 Likes

The ghost is a great can. Even better now that they have lowered the price!

4 Likes

Crazy small set up

7 Likes

Been wanting to get a suppressor for a while. Had a company that was going to give me one for review, I just needed to take care of the tax stamp. Didnā€™t have the cash then. Kicking myself for not getting it. I may have to look in to find something again, small for a Glock 26.

2 Likes

The Thompson poseidon and gemtech aurora are tworking good small cans. Botherwise use wipes. If you want a can without look at cgs kraken sk and the dead air odessa

2 Likes

4 Likes

How ironic, a first post with no wordsā€¦only a photo of silenced riflesā€¦

Friendly PM of encouragement sent :shushing_face:

1 Like

Silece is goldenā€¦

6 Likes

We have 5 golden members enjoying their silence right nowā€¦

2 Likes

Be nice! @Adder had a good reply. :slight_smile: Sounded like a human.

3 Likes

Oh yesā€¦ LLIGHTENING BUG is mineā€¦ the other one is a clientā€™s. The Energetic Armament NYX Mod 2 is awesome

4 Likes

This is my personal daily carry. LWRC with AAC MINI 4
It is NOT hearing safeā€¦ but, in a situation where I need to use it, I will not be looking for hearing protectionā€¦ and I need something short. This is on a 14.5 inch barrel. Good little suppressor for what it is.

7 Likes

I really prefer hearing safe in a suppressor with factory ammo. I dont think itā€™s too much to ask, most of the time.

Now, on a 3" can, it may be too much to ask. How many baffles are in the Odessa? Does it run a wipe.

FWIW, I run a 8" form 1 on my 10.5" sbrā€™ed 556 AR and its hearing safe with any ammo. Couldnt be happier.

8 Likes

The Odessa is 10 baffles and does a real good job with 147s - 158s. Unfortunately we did not have access to a meter at the time we was in possession of the Odessa so I do have any data to share.
We have metered a bunch of cans on 556 ar15s and with the action of the ar15 none are hearing safe until you add an adjustable gas block. Most meter 143-146 at the ear. We have ran multiple setups and configurations from 7.5, 10.5, 11.5, 14.5 and 16ā€. To me many sounded good and felt hearing safe but with the b&k 2209 and Pulse none dropped under 140 until we added an adjustable gas block. After we have gotten ear numbers down into the 135s with off the shelf 55grain 556.

5 Likes

Lots of dust on this. But OK, Iā€™ll bring it back to life.

I have a Ghost-M and I must admit that I use it in the full length configā€™ all the time. But it mostly sees subsonic .22 even though it can do much more.

I also have an Amtac CQB which is NOT hearing safe. But itā€™s job is to get rid of the blast indoors where I hope I never need to use it. Indoors, blast from the cartridge bothers me much more than the sound. It adds only 4" to the firearm since itā€™s a reflex can and I designed a .300BLK handgun build around the can. I donā€™t know if youā€™d consider that a compact can, but it is a reflex. The 10" barrel plus can is only 14".

It wears a different sight today to save weight.

Due to the carbon handguards something must be in place on the muzzle to get the blast out beyond them. When the can isnā€™t on it a Hera linear comp is there.

6 Likes

That is a very clean setupšŸ˜

5 Likes