Anyone else losing weight?

I am going to increase my green tea intake… I have been cheating as of late, I have had a few bottles of beer… hahhahhaa

2 Likes

One thing I haven’t seen in this thread (unless I missed it) is all men over 40 will, to some degree see a loss of testosterone. It can be to the point that your body builds estrogen instead. This causes a lot of weight gain issues. I will be 48 this summer and am no exception. The Methyl Andro from GNC works very well. It takes a while to get back in shape but, with a well disciplined diet and exercise, i’m in better health now than when I was in my 20s. I also take a regiment of vitamins and supplements along with the Methyl Andro.

5 Likes

Im down from 220 to 195 and i feel like a stick lol

6 Likes

Make sure you are doing it for yourself and no one else .

6 Likes

I have broken through the 190 finally. I am 185 or so… this gives me encouragement!
Yes… have to agree… this 48 years of age is getting to me. Hahahaha

4 Likes

Screenshot_2019-04-03-00-54-09-2

4 Likes

congrats on the weight loss!

2 Likes

nice! how are you losing weight?

1 Like

Started by shrinking my stomach. Eating much smaller portions 6-8 times a day so im not cramming in lots of food at once and stretching it out. Drinking more water also helos me not feel as hungry.

6 Likes

Very nice mate, well done!

4 Likes

So a quick update on my current weight loss. I’m going down to 150 lbs, and I think I’m going to stay there. I don’t think I’ll be able to completely lose this gut from dieting alone, and thats ok with me. If anything it’ll give me a reason to start exercising.

But I’m noticing an old problem come back. When I originally lost weight, none of my clothes fit me anymore. I’m sure folks are like ‘duh’. But, since I wasn’t done losing weight, I didn’t want to go out and buy new clothes. After all, I’d just have to do the same thing again, wouldn’t I? Whelp…its happening again. I need a belt to keep all my current jeans up, and these are the ones I bought to replace my old jeans. This is kinda funny to me, going from 250lbs less than 3 years ago, and being at that weight for 15 years before that, to needing to buy new clothes again. The first time in over a decade and a half, that I need to buy new clothes twice.

5 Likes

That’s a nice problem to have. You could just shop thrift stores until you get to your target weight.

2 Likes

oh yea, thats what I’m doing now. well…when I next decide to replace most of my clothes, thats what I’m doing.

4 Likes

All my cloths are now loose. Thank goodness! Hahahha
Yeah, besides socks and underwear, I do not really like buying new cloths. Real bargans at thrift stores

2 Likes

Wife lost 25 lbs during pregnancy and I have lost 16lbs so far this year.

2 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

Sorry if I missed it, but what have you been doing to lose the weight?

1 Like

That’s Awesome! I’m trying to drop a little and it’s working so far. Mainly cutting down on carbs and sugars ( don’t really like sugary foods anyway ) . I’m a little superstitious so I’m kind of vague about the numbers.

3 Likes

as of this morning I’m down 2.6 lbs. This the weekend before last, I had a very high couple of days, so I gained 3 pounds. I’m down to 170.6 lbs, from 173. Thats not great, anything above 2 lbs lost per week is unhealthy. So I might have to give myself a few extra calories this week, and reduce that loss a bit. we’ll see though. If I’m down losing so much next monday, I’ll be increasing my intake by 50 calorie increments. until its not so drastic.

4 Likes

Diet change. No sodas, as little processed sugar as possible and plenty of water. :+1:

4 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

Thanks. So, what changes did you make to your diet (other than the reduction of sugar and no sodas)?

1 Like