Anyone else smoke briskets?

I cheat a little by using a pellet grill, but you can’t beat the taste of a well smoked brisket. I’ll try to take progress and finished product pics.

For now, it’s about to go down.

7 Likes

I have in the past, but for almost $10/lb I won’t.

6 Likes

Got this one for $3 a pound (Choice). The last couple I’ve bought were Prime at $5 a pound. Those are sale prices. Used to get Choice for $1.50-$2 a pound on sale.

8 Likes

Looked at one the other day and almost popped for it. Not gonna have time, went for racks of short beef ribs. Like to smoke a brisket though.

7 Likes

Sounds delicious :yum:, was on sale locally some months back and did a couple of them, don’t have the pellet grill myself so becomes more time consuming and expensive as I always need an ice chest full of beer close by :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Just wrapped it at the 9.5 hour mark. It stalled at almost 170 internal. I like to go to 201 internal before I move it to a small cooler to rest. It should get a good 3 hours of rest before I start slicing it up.

6 Likes

Cook profile

5 Likes

I haven’t seen those prices in years, maybe a decade.

5 Likes

Brother sent this pic earlier today. Great price for Prime in Biden’s economy.

Here’s the final product. Fork tender.

5 Likes

Looks delicious! Nice job.

5 Likes

I’d take a serving of that! It’s been soooo long since I’ve had brisket.

At $4/lb I’d have filled the freezer!

5 Likes

Check craigslist and buy some beef from a rancher, currently in my area I see the low @ 2.49, that’s hanging weight but its still don’t reach $4 after its boxed, I had porterhouse yesterday we pulled from the feezer :yum:

ok, I paused and checked Maine, your ranchers were higher, which prompted me to double down, I now have two orders in, two different ranchers, good redundancy IMO

They sell well in advance of a butcher date but at least prices are locked in

We buy chicken this way too, and prices vary from farm to farm, its higher that stores, but the birds are so much better than supermarket supply we don’t mind

5 Likes