Anyone had to buy used tires recently? 40 a tire seems steep for my 98 civic that is a bearer car

It’s got 200 K on it and needs a muffler too to pass inspection. I may learn myself how to weld on a clamped muffler. The used tire place said 40 a tire 185… 14", I think they said 195 could work too

5 Likes

185/65 r14

5 Likes

And I thought maybe junk yard for that or the muffler too idk, I don’t have a portable powered saw but have a Hacksaw heh

4 Likes

Ive got tires from pick and pull back in the day but I find it cheaper to buy new ones two at a time and run em until they are bald

6 Likes

$40.00 for a new tire?

pfft that’s cheap as hell IMO,

I just paid 50.00 for a lawn mower tire

8 Likes

40 a tire is nothing…

6 Likes

30+years ago I paid $20-$25 each for used tires, $40 sounds more than reasonable. Doubt you’ll beat that, not even if you shopped your local “Homeboy Shopping Network”…

6 Likes

great day you can buy new for $60ish

7 Likes

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Solus+TA11&partnum=865TR4TA11&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

8 Likes

$40 a tire is a pretty damn good deal.

4 Likes

yeah it was mount and ballance and all but I do recall 25$ for the ‘just get you past inspection’ type of tires years ago but times are a changing. I just have trouble pulling out that cash when the car isn’t worth much more than 500$. I do see ‘new’ tires for 40 each on ebay but then yeah you have to add mount and ballance. Thanks all

6 Likes

Just paid $550.00 for 4 new tires for the Jeep. Got 66,000 miles from the first set.

5 Likes