Anyone here with experience in concrete?

Hello,

I know I can look up forums dedicated to construction, but figured to ask here first.

I have questions about slab prep inside the house for future leveling and then flooring.

Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

We don’t build homes on slabs here but . I have done a little bit . You need to it clean and use self leveling concrete. But I would hire it done .

3 Likes

Thank you @Jtr

We removed flooring, and the 3/4" plywood from concrete. When I lifted the plywood (using a gutster bar and a jack) the nails took some concrete with them. So the floor is covered in “pops”.

Also, tar adhesive was used under the plywood. I assume as a moisture barrier as well. We are using a tar solvent to remove that.

I understand that we will need to wash/degrease the concrete before doing any patching/leveling, but I am wondering about the little crevices. I assume those should be patched before leveling?

Oh, and for those of you that know I have been looking for a house… I got one :wink:

5 Likes

If you float the whole floor the leveling concrete will fill all the voids and cracks.

4 Likes

Appreciated @Jtr

Will post a little slideshow of progress so far. It is only my wife and I working on demo. Not shown in the video is 2nd floor carpet removed. Don’t know why I didn’t take pics of it.

2 Likes

Full30 is still processing my video. Not sure if it will make it.

Here is a youtube link

4 Likes

You don’t do anything small, do you?

4 Likes

Watching to many flipping shows I see

whats your plans , tile?

If so your good to go, maybe some self leveling floor level in the spot where the water pooled but going heavy on thin set will achieve the same as it didn’t look to bad from what I seen

3 Likes

So this project continued. And I am getting back in there this weekend.

@Robert yup, tile in some areas and laminate in most. I will map the floor and see if I need to level it.

Here is a video on the 6 days since the first one.

Yes, I did use the 4.5" grinder

5 Likes

3rd video

5 Likes

Wow! You’ve been busy @Mosinvirus
I wish I had that much motivation.

4 Likes