Anyone paying attention? NFA wait times

It you want it, buy it now!

4 Likes

I predict an Omega in my future, hope things speed up by then.

4 Likes

Our latest suppressor took 13 months nearly to the day to get the stamp back

6 Likes

It took mine 11 months. The new e-forms rolled out in the middle.

6 Likes

Wow, i thought they were taking 2 or three months. i thought about one but forget that crap takin a year or more.

7 Likes

Don’t think you have another year left in you? Not everyone gets 930 like you and Methuselah. :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl:…wait… :rage:

7 Likes

I’ve heard that the e-forms are about that long.

9 Likes

https://www.nfatracker.com/

7 Likes

Think wait times are that long now and it sux? Just wait until they have the suggested amnesty for arm braces. I think I saw their expectation of 87k amnesties. Maybe. But there are millions of arm braced handguns out there so I expect that number to be quite a bit higher. What good is an AR handgun w/o a brace or w/o being SBRed with a stock? Before arm braces AR handguns existed and very few were ever sold so I doubt many owners will want to turn their arm braced ARs into one w/o an arm brace.

Anyway, I think wait times will increase afterwards.

5 Likes

I have an idea of designing a cheek pad to fit on the buffer tube. Instead of pulling it into the shoulder, I’d practice pushing it against the sling. No shoulder contact = no stock = not a rifle.

5 Likes

It’s sorta been done before, and yes, it would probably work. There are foam tubes that cover the buffer tube to cushion it on the cheek, and pushing against a sling will work.

On you tube do a search for cheeking a handgun for more ideas. There are a few that can be cheeked and all have one characteristic in common… no external parts that move. The AR is a good candidate for it.

Things to consider are the proximity of the 5.56/.223 blast so close to the head, and max’ cartridge that it could handle. A can would handle the blast. Also to cut down on blast I’m thinking 300BLK subsonic but will the recoil be too much? That requires experimentation and is worth doing IMO. Please let us know how you make out. I hope you’re successful.

8 Likes

I think SilencerCo is saying about 7 months for their e-file.

6 Likes

I have had AR pistols long before they came up with braces. Single point sling and the foam pad against your cheek works fine. 5.56 is easy. The Grendel and 308 is a different animal. Good muzzle breaks with a flash can are a big help.

8 Likes