AR-15 Build

I installed a “budget” Burris Tac30 1-4 on my build. As you can see from the photo, it survived some rainy, muddy abuse during a 10K running biathlon event. Even with a mud-smeared lens it still helped me hit a 500 yard gong! I learned later, after I had cleaned it off, that you have to be careful wiping the lens or it might scratch. I didn’t know any better at the time and went to town on it. But the lens never scratched, so I either got lucky, or Burris’s budget lenses are tough enough to handle my cleaning abuse at least once. I also lost a turret cap in the mud somewhere along the course, and Burris was kind enough to send me two free caps!

Burris makes better variable scopes than the Tac30, but thought I’d mention my experience in case it’ll help you decide on whether to go with a variable optic.

11 Likes

Not for most people. IMO it is fast and easy.

That is more of a person to person question. I personally run leupold and primary arms scopes.

4 Likes

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Now that is the best picture in the forum!
That is how you test yourself, and your equipment! Bravo Brother! I love it.

4 Likes

:+1: The ACSS is a fantastic reticle. Now even Trijicon is offering scopes with the Primary Arms ACSS reticle.

4 Likes

It is, I have used the ACSS out to 600 with very impressive accuracy.

5 Likes

Ha! Thanks, Switchpod! To be honest, I didn’t quite know what I was getting myself into when I ran that first biathlon, but it was a lot of fun and as you can see it really tests most, if not all, of your gear no matter if it’s rain, mud or shine.

7 Likes

@Equin I completely agree with @switchpod. Bravo :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like