AR or AK

Sure thing. Go on! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m actually about to go to bed. But i will be back tomorrow. lol

3 Likes

So basically AKs are a good time, and ARs are expensive and a pain in the ass.

5 Likes

Remember, no matter how sexy a rifle may look, some guy out there is tired of her shit too.

5 Likes

Its mostly just AK owners that go through that.

3 Likes

The FAL is pretty solid. I want to like the fn scar but for the money you would think that you would get more out of it, like the machining, or maybe less tool marks.

Scar16

The carrier on the 17 they used a different Finnish to help hide it more.

Scar17

Just my two cents.

6 Likes

I can help liberate you from the agony :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Nice rifles. Does the SCAR H have a polymer lower?

1 Like

Yes it does. I always thought that there would be better fit, but it’s not a tight fit at all between the upper and lower.

2 Likes

Now I get why they were having issues with lowers cracking. How would you compare an AR10 to A Scar?

2 Likes

Quality AR10 over a scar every time. Just my two cents.

4 Likes

Well for the prepper mind set, the plastic parts on a AR are not critical parts for operating it.
I also look at the location we both live in. There are more replacements parts available for the AR10 if there is a failure.
The most concerning for me was noticing that the extension for the locking lugs are not screwed and pined to the barrel like a AR10. The FN scar has both the barrel and chamber extension bolted to a chunk of extruded aluminum. Possible future issue with tolerance? Maybe, maybe not? Like I have said before it’s just my opinion.

5 Likes

Cool, good info.

1 Like

180* For me, SCAR is the lightest recoiling .308 I’ve used and the ergonomics/weight are super sweet

I love the stock brake, it allows you plenty of elbow room at the range (he he he)

You positively must tell anyone you let shoot about the reciprocating handle, not sure why they did that but I’d guess extra part$ was the reason

POF is the best AR10 Ive owned so maybe a SR-25 would change my tune but until I have one…

3 Likes

I agree 100% with this. And yes for POF AR10!

1 Like

Nicest AR10s ive handled was an LMT or Noveske, both were nice. I did not have enough rounds through the AR10s or SCAR to tell a difference. I like the SCARs bolt design better and the AR10s rail system and charging handle better.

How does service life and maintenance stack up?

2 Likes

LMT is a awesome ar manufacture.
Service life will be an opinion, but if we are talking about the scar 16 vs ar I will give the scar16 the trophy. If we are talking scar17 vs the POF AR10. The POF gets the award.

3 Likes

Military budget service life or reality average owner service life?

How many shooters have ever wore out any firearms?

I personally don’t keep anything long enough and have never even bought a worn out gun, most all my used purchases were in great shape, shooting wise if not cosmetics.

4 Likes

Is POF a piston gun? I kind of like the PWS but only shot a 5.56 version.

2 Likes

They make both.

2 Likes