AR or AK

I can’t talk…I have an 80.00 bottle opener :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

Lol mount it on your AR then go rub it in at the Galil guys.

6 Likes

Here is a video of a guy dropping a hog with one shot of 5.56 out of an AR15. From what ive read its a common round for deer and hog. It sucks I cant test it out on deer. I think people just use fmj as an example of 5.56s capabilities and its kind of a shitty.

6 Likes

my precious FAL had one :wink:

5 Likes

Lol :+1:

4 Likes

thanks for the good video on the hog hunt with an AR.

sure - head shots work, as long as you are a good enough shot at the distance you will shoot.

I suppose if that is part of the thrill of the hunt, then taking a smaller caliber gun to do the job makes perfect sense.

5 Likes

Thats just it, the 5.56 with hotloads is not just varmint round. Theres alot of people taking hogs and deer with it.

7 Likes

I am sure you are right.

Nice to see / know that the caliber is so flexible for hunting.

Personally, I prefer the bigger calibers, but I can see where some would prefer the 5.56.

7 Likes

Ive always thought it was a bit light for anything bigger than Deer and even borderline with deer but Ive been watching alot of hog hunting and alot of them guys like the round. Im not sure I would choose 5.56 for that task but its kind of neat to see.

6 Likes

beyond the legality of hunting deer in your state, or where you are wanting to hunt, shot placement and bullet design would likely make it/break it as a good choice.

6 Likes

That can be said for any caliber, Ive had Deer take off after a .308 hit them and an Elk take off after .300 win mag hit them. I hate tracking so I only do head shots anymore ,if and When I even bother going hunting. Its why I dont try bow hunting.

7 Likes

I am a headshots fan, too, though I still like the bigger calibers for purpose intended.

I once went squirrel hunting with a 1911 .45 acp (Colt Govt model). I winged it with 1911 and finished it off with my Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge. Most people I know hunt squirrels with .22 lr.

5 Likes

5.56 or 223 with a good 75 grain hunting head is more than adequate to stop Hogs or deer without doubt!

8 Likes

This is a fact!

8 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

15k rounds

8 Likes

Ive read his other article on the myth of m4 unreliability. Good stuff. :+1:

6 Likes

Filthy 14 hit over 50k.

6 Likes

NSFW…do not open link if you dont like blood. Its an article from a medical professional on these two specific gunshot wounds.

7 Likes