I’m not touching it

3 Likes

WOW

I guess

5 Likes

Headspacing
The one true flaw

6 Likes

I really liked the Kris Paronto video, his AR has probably been through hell. “13 Hours” was a great movie and its pretty cool that the rifle he used in the real incident is that rifle in the video and its over a decade old.

7 Likes

Although I own both, I prefer my AK chambered in 5.56x45mm, it still needs to get worked on but now that I am earning enough at my new job, it shouldn’t be too much longer until I send it out.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with it ?

4 Likes

It needs a donkey dong reduction. :crazy_face:

Trust me. Makes it hard to find pants that fit.

5 Likes

Headspacing issue, and currently cut for single stacked magazines.

5 Likes

Its an AK

6 Likes

Unfortunately if you need to replace the bolt there rather hard to find and if you do source one
It will be exspensive

Opening up the magwell is a easy process just measure and go slow
Measure again and measure some more

6 Likes

There’s also videos of ARs blowing up along with literally everything else on planet earth. Guns can blow up, I know shocking revelation isn’t it? :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Just know I like both and am I biased. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Except headspacing is more of an issue on AKs, shocking revelation… I know. Apples to oranges. A common way to kaboom AR15s is dunking it in water then not shaking it out. I posted an HK ad where they do that.

6 Likes

Hydro lock can be a huge issue in a ar

6 Likes

Theres a process to draining an AR, it only needs done if its submerged though. I had no issues in intense rain ,shooting 800 rounds in two days. It is a definite thing to be aware of though.

7 Likes

I have used M16’s and AR15’s since 1979 and have yet to have a part break in this Country or a few others…shot for several years on a Military Shooting Team and never had a failure during any practice or match…not sure how many rounds I have fired through various rifles, but it has been many thousands…when one of them finally breaks, if ever then I may change my mind. I am an AR guy for many reasons, mainly because they are so easy to modify with almost no tools, you can’t say that about an AK…just the caliber options alone and how easy it is to change calibers puts it forever ahead of an AK…the AR/AK argument will never end in my lifetime and that’s ok, I go with I know and what has proven itself many, many times…

6 Likes

:+1: I bet alot has changed with the platform since you first started shooting them.

3 Likes