AR or AK

Not these?

8 Likes

I wonder if they used a fnc style return spring in that?
And yes put me down for one of those as well!

6 Likes

You’re so judgmental…:sob:

7 Likes

All im saying is Bull pups have alot of junk in the trunk.

5 Likes

They can and do serve a purpose

7 Likes

I voted Ar but in all seriousness why not both? Isn’t variety the spice of life

6 Likes

Timeless debate
Why did you choose the Ar
I chose a akm because it’s simple with only 16 parts and it’s reliabilty is legend
You can beat it up throw it in water put Twinkie’s in it like @Caw loves to say
It always goes bang
It’s robust and rugged

5 Likes

I guess familiarity for the most part. Its what I’ve shot the most. Im not in a hell hole where I cant keep my rifle maintained so the Aks ruggedness isnt that much of a sell to me. I do like Aks though. I own 2.

5 Likes

What do you own ?

3 Likes

A vepr and a waffen works ak74

3 Likes

I’d like to see the ww there are quite a few that just aren’t built right and there is some notorious issues with them

3 Likes

My waffen Works definitely isnt reliable that’s for sure. It hates tula.

3 Likes

Feed issue were some of the problem
What kind of mags are you using

3 Likes

Magpul tapco and I have a few surplus mags. Not one works well in it. I’ve had plenty of ftf. A few fte and once I had an empty casing end up where the hammer is. I bought it not knowing about the issues. I may one day have it sent somewhere and have the parts put into a new reciever and built right but it’s not on top of my priorities

5 Likes

Not taking the bait mate. :+1: As Giantspeed said they serve their purpose. Not all guns are for everyone. :wink: That is what is great about this, lots of options. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

:grinning::grin::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I like the AR for the modularity , accuracy and ergonomics. Modern ARs are also pretty reliable and pretty rugged if you know your weapon inside and out. Apples to Oranges when talking AR vs AK vs Bull pup. I was just indoctrinated by arf.com from my time on there years ago.

3 Likes

I agree, those comments are not for real anyways. Plus,Im an ass man so I can appreciate the bullpup.

5 Likes

ARs can survive hell, chrckout this list of torture tests. You need lube though, you cant raw dog the AR like you can the AK. The AR will not eat twinkies either.
https://forum.full30.com/t/for-those-who-say-

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/08/ar-endurance-findings-at-a-rental-range/

You can go thousands of rounds with nothing but lube with an AR.

8 Likes

AKs are equally impressive , its seriously apples to oranges. Both are weapons made for combat, one has been used by over a 100 countries in alot of different wars and the other has been used for over 50 years by the worlds most powerful military.
If I was giving a gun to someone who dosnt handle weapons alot I would rather it be an AK, they are super simple and hard to fuck up ,where as theres some things you need to get familiar with to really appreciate an AR.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/03/how-many-rounds-can-an-ak-fire-before-it-breaks-down/

8 Likes