Just rent.
Get a new one every month :+1::+1:

4 Likes

That’s why they make penicillin.
Or just wrap that rascal :smiley:

4 Likes

Hahahhahahahaha

1 Like

I finally got my WASR-3 back from the shop. Ive yet to shoot it, but I chose to stick with the .223 chambering. Heres how it turned out. Accuracy tests will be done as soon as I can get to the range.

8 Likes

I like it, outside of the stock :grimacing:

I didnt know WASR made a poodle shooter.

2 Likes

The stock im keeping for me, one its the perfect length of pull and perfect alignment of the cheek piece, but also as a not to its heritage as a Clinton ban era rifle. :joy:

5 Likes

Maybe I could find one with years of AK building experience and can run a CNC Lathe and Milling machine???

AARW.Steve

3 Likes

It’s worth a shot man, it’s worth a shot!!!

2 Likes

Build one that makes NO noise and a Flat top for my beer

https://www.hotrussianbrides.com/

SHTF supplies for the bunker ya know.:wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I picked the AR but they both have their strengths and weaknesess. The big advantage for an ar is everything is interchangeable. The old AK’s were not the most accurate but they have them down now.

Another big advantage for the AK is it will run with a receiver full of mud. The AR is easier to carry cause of the sling systems. The mags are more compact but then again there’s that will fire no matter the circumstance for the AK.

Their both a blast to shoot, I don’t want to give up either, and I sure don’t want to be on the receiving end of either one of their projectiles.

6 Likes

Karl and Ian would disagree with you on that one, LOL. Their mud test of the AK and AR had the AR smoking the AK in a mud test.

I like both but for a fighting rifle/go-to rifle the AR is my first choice. Better ergo’s, reliable, lighter when properly set up, carry more ammo for the same weight, inherently more accurate, easier to get parts and repair, etc…

Ultimately though it is user preference.

6 Likes

IMHO and I like the AK:
The only reason to own an AK over an AR was the price.
That ship sailed.

5 Likes

The stock on an AK don’t fit me worth a darn. The magpul stocks make one much better to shoulder.

3 Likes

Yea, The AR is sealed up pretty tight and beats the AK in mud. Overall, I do consider the AK more rugged and reliable though ,but the AR15 is no slouch. I still prefer the AR for all the reason’s Retpara stated above.

AR15:
Lighter
Can carry more ammo
modular and easy to repair/work on.
Readily available parts and ammo.
Slick ergonomics
Accurate

AK:
Simple
rugged
Ammo is cheaper to buy in bulk

Pick your poison

Mud tests:

AR15s getting beat on:

4 Likes

That was a great set of videos.

3 Likes

LOL, don’t know where they live but I’d call that a soup test, maybe malto meal, but certainly not mud

4 Likes

They were representing the trench warfare mud of WW-1

4 Likes

Our mud is not that thick, its more watery. Florida swamp mud is probably alot thicker.

3 Likes

I like the inrange stuff. Sometimes I get the feeling they might be bias but the tests are still pretty neutral, imo.

@Mister_Torgue , have you seen these? These guys take purty surplus rifles muddin.

6 Likes