AR or AK

it will probably make your teeth cringe then lol

6 Likes

That hurt to watch a garand like that.lol One advantage for me on the AR is comfort. an AK stock is to short for me. I will say the magpul stocks make them a lot better. Another advantage is the selector switch position and operation. The AK is awkward to manipulate.

4 Likes

I have this on ours. It helps. Trap door still works too.

I run these too

4 Likes

I progressed AK47 to VZ 58 to Kel Tec RFB ( hey some times you got to go off the rails) to AR15 back to VZ 58 then AR15 and Now AR10.

AK has the dumbest safety on earth and no last round bolt hold open.

5 Likes

What kind of AR10?

4 Likes

2a Armament Xanthos Lite. Complete custom build. I wanted a .308 at less than 7.5 lbs (bare) without sacrificing reliability. So selected top shelf items for every aspect. Came out with a rifle that is right at 6 lbs naked. So shot well under my personal weight goal.

5 Likes

Yugo M64 U.S. nomenclature.
“M70A” in former Yugoslavia has a physical BHO.

6 Likes

wtf @Glockshooter79 ?

dispelling all of our AK hating myths :ak47::ak47::ak47::ak47: ak ak aka ak

4 Likes

So one variant (and one I can’t readily find in stock) has a BHO. If I’m going 7.62x39 I’ll take my VZ58

5 Likes

And to show that I am not one of those AR guys (or AK guys) who cast stones without having any real world expierence with the other.

Here is my AK47. She came to me pretty beat up but after a lot of TLC this is her today:

P.S. Name that flag for a beer.

And here is my D-Technik VZ58

7 Likes

The flag is Mozambique. And I back up the vz58 comment. I love them too. Just ask @Robert.

You can still find parts kits of the “M64”

7 Likes

Ding Ding thought it would take longer here

7 Likes

Also VZ58 has one advantage over the AR and AK. I.e direct reload with stripper clips.

5 Likes

Great video
In some ways
Haven’t spoken to you in a while brother
Hope you are well

4 Likes

This should settle it:

5 Likes

The selector switch decides it for me.

4 Likes

This thread probably should not have hit 600 pages lol.

5 Likes

Yes, Indeed. lol

3 Likes

I can name 2 more variants with BHO. PSL, and Saigas. I see progression as an opinion. Which you are entitled to. I don’t see Keltec as 2 progressions above the AK. But that is my opinion.

The AK has a selector, and there are different variations within the different AK variants. I will give the Polish Tantal as one example.

4 Likes

But in all fairness Ian and Karl have opinions on all kinds of things. ( with as much bias in many cases as anyone) Their test is a little out of the normal real life situations. That mud is like no mud I’ve ever seen in real life. More like sand slurry.
There have been plenty of other tests where the AK won.
Not saying you are wrong. I just won’t hold all my opinions on this matter from their test alone.

6 Likes