AR or AK

Everyone has a bias, that is natural. With that said, the hype of the AK reliability versus AR unreliability is just that, hype. I have seen many AKs in Iraq and Afghanistan that would not run no matter what. On the flip side I have seen military M4s run like a “raped ape” in some really sh*tty environments. Bottom line, anything mechanical needs proper maintenance. Personally from what I’ve seen the AR is inherently more resistant to the environment than a AK is. Of course this will lead down the inevitable rabbit hole debate of which is better with each side declaring their choice the clear victor. In my opinion, and mine only, any objective observation clearly demonstrates that when all factors are evaluated, the AR is the better weapon system.

7 Likes

Lol how so? You do realize Switchpod is an AK guy too, right? Also ,Giantspeed is l a member over on the AKfiles and a pretty damn good AK builder from what ive seen. Then theres Rob Ski of the AK Operators Union who drops in from time to time. I would say theres a pretty good knowledge base on the commie rifle here.

Lonewolf and myself do try to spread AR15 master race propoganda, but we dont really know shit about AKs and probably shouldnt be used as any type of example of Full30s knowledge on AKs.

Putting that aside, AKs and the Mozambique flag do look pretty cool but I prefer AR15s and the Gadsden flag, ymmv.

7 Likes

@Caw I meant it would take someone longer to recognize a different nations flag. Especially one that isn’t even in the same hemisphere and isn’t a big player on the world stage.

Though the flag with the AK on it is a big give away (only two nations in the world feature a rifle on their flag).

You and me both brother!

7 Likes

you kids

&

AR10

3 Likes

Quoted to like again.

3 Likes

Sorry I only fly flags of WINNERS! No participation trophies at my house. :sunglasses: :eagle::eagle::eagle::us::us::us::us::grinning:

6 Likes

says the slave owner

3 Likes

Very true! But we are smart enough to wear good insulated hip waders while spreading it… .:mans_shoe::poop:

5 Likes

My Maadi does not have a bolt hold open. but it’s old too.

6 Likes

Hey look at that relic

4 Likes

:rofl:

Sore losers, the whole lot of them.

4 Likes

Dosnt Russia’s new AK have a BHO? I dont see why the AK has to live in the past while the AR gets to be a hipster.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Is that whats happened?

4 Likes

There is a Robert E lee memorial in a small town not too far from me, it’s mostly a farm community. I look for some idiot to de face it one day. it’s at the courthouse and been there for many years.

3 Likes

The whole deal is I wouldn’t have a bit of trouble if they put a Grant statue next to it. it’s a part of history. some of those statues been there for 100 years. These idiots tearing them down have no respect for anything. Here a while back when that was going over big and state government was banning them, a lot of people put out rebel flags here. they were riding around with them flying out of their trucks. This was done as a protest of banning something.I didn’t put out one.

To me, I kid around but I wasn’t alive when all that happened and it is history. for me it’s liberals wanting to ban something that they don’t like. kinda same with guns. Like I said before, give a liberal an inch and they will take a mile.

4 Likes

Now back to the AR and AK debate.

The magpul stocks make the AK a lot more enjoyable to shoot. it does take away from the aesthetics of the rifle. IMO, makes it look better.

4 Likes

Just more division, a little education could go a long way to combat that, IMO.

6 Likes

Agreed, Majority believe the war was ONLY about slavery, which is totally not true. it was kinda like the times now when the north wanted to force their laws upon the south. same as the libtards want to enforce their laws upon us now.

Problem is, we as a lawful group should never be divided over past history cause it’s about to happen again, except it won’t be north vs south.

5 Likes

left & right?

:wink:

3 Likes