AR or AK

I’m all for IWI expanding its buisness here just seems like bad timing for AR15s.

4 Likes

Now what kind of question is that for a shootin’ iron enthusiast.
The only correct answer is clearly one of each.

5 Likes

several of each is much better.

5 Likes

Maybe their brand of “lightening” will strike the competitors. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Give us some Israeli commando clones with anti-Islam propoganda on it and im game.

6 Likes

at MRSP of $900 I would buy one…
if the propaganda holds up…

The thing is they are targeting the higher end rifles plus they are not dependent on a single sku rifle.

4 Likes

Dosnt Colt make Israel’s current M4? I wonder if theres any play to take that contract with this plunge into ARs?

4 Likes

Would have been lend lease version made by a large number of contractors.

3 Likes

His 80’s style intro and battle cry of “Wolverines!” And
“Macauly Caulkin leave Ron Jeremy alone!!!”
sums up the video nicely. To be fair, the target does look like Ron Jeremy for some reason.

5 Likes

KNS has come out with a new part for the IWI GALIL ACE
That ACE is the only “AK” I really like. Though I own an under folder Arsenal hahahahha

7 Likes

I reject In ranges tests. Real WWII field test showed the Garand did much better that this silly test.
The main reason I went with a Garand is that My ole man and his buds told me on how it was real hard to make one no work.

During Iwo Jima the ole man burned up his BAR, grabbed an M1 and fired until he found another BAR.
When there were no working BARs, everyone grabbed Garands.

The 6th Marine division had a motto when the ole man who was one of the 356 survivors of a 6600 man unit and the start of the war. He told me he would be alive today if it was not for the Garrand.

The motto: “When your in a jam, Grab an M1 Garrand, it wont”

So As far as AR vs AK. I shot real AKs, and M16s. My preferred firearm will always my the M1.
AKs today are a joke, they are better built than their soviet real ones. They are not anywhere close to be as accurate as ARs, they are better bullet spitters, and thats about it.

Now having said that, we have 3 ARs here. All in 300 blackout (thats how much I dislike the 5.56)
One is for the ole lady, one for the daughter, and one for the grand daughter.
Her Grandpa is still carrying his Garrand.

4 Likes

Those tests must be for fun they are not scientific in anyway. A sample of one , two or even 10 dosnt say much about the overall platform.

The Garand has proven itself in plenty of mud baths on actual battlefields throughout several wars.

I will say our opinions on 5.56 and the AR platform probably differ but I agree with you 100% on the Garand. It’s track record speaks for itself.

My issues with it, from what little ive handled one was:

Mounting optics (aftermarket?)

Ammo selection (aftermarket options fix this)

Weight

Do you run an optic on your Garand?

3 Likes

I do like the garand myself. Like the cartridge… but it is heavy. There is no way I want to try to pack 600 let alone 1000 rounds of 30-06 on me.
But I get it. I think it comes down to what are you using it for?
Thus I have more than one BB gun…

3 Likes

I couldn’t have done that even in my 20’s :rofl:

4 Likes

I have about 400 rounds of 556 in mags on me… then I carry spare ammo… hahhahaha

4 Likes

I want to know what tactical pants you wear!

5 Likes

All ya need is Miranda Lambert & her “little red wagon”…

5 Likes

Big ones

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Sorry Joe-bob, you can make a M1D, and that is the only way to put an optic on it.

I tired 6 different mounts, a Bushnell scope, folks said it would not zero, it was too cheap.
Next I bought a not cheap Navy contact scope. Same thing, the cross point was not far enough out.
Next I got an Eotech. It worked out to about 200 yards, and I did not like it.

The second scope Is now mounted on a model 700, which does 1/4 inch groups at 200 yard zero. Just not on the M1.

My final change was to National Match sights. They work great in the daylight out to 550 yards (our range limit). Low light or dark, not good. Even with a illuminated front blade, the rear peep is too small for my ole eyes.
When the ship hits the rotary air displacement device, Ill switch it back to the USGI rear sight.

Ammo selection: roll my own. The only store bought odd six around here is from 1903-1919. Have some WWII stuff to. That all will never be shot. Just looked at.

With my brand new NM barrel, I use several pills. The m80 147gr on the low end, and 155gr Amax on the high end. The bread and butter rounds I can not tell you what they are. Some folks may not approve.

All of these pills take 50 gr IMR4895. with CCI 34 primers. Im not fooling around. If I have to hump these, they will count. BTW thats 2680fps on average. You can go higher, but then you are in op rod bending territory.

Weight: My M1 isnt my Dads M1. (WWII Vet). Mine is all black. Ramline polymer stock, the barrel cover has been lightened by drilling holes in it, and a cool pattern.
The muzzle device is a CIA issue flash hider made by Smith Enterprise.
The trigger group was tuned and lightened by the “Garand Man” from Chicago. (RIP)
He also install the match barrel. It shoots real good.

The weight loaded is a few ounces under 8 pounds.
My bolt gun weighs more 9.5lbs.

My loadout is 180 rounds. I can carry more, by running gets tiring fast.
Im not a spring chicken any more, closer to a dead duck.

The ole man said he carried 600 rds of odd six around most of the pacific islands.
He was a teenager, and a big guy. He also was the BAR gunner.
Sure glad my grandson is 20 :slight_smile:

6 Likes