AR15 mag changes

10 Likes

Very Good Info from all three, on a side note i do not like Proctor as he likes bashing on other instructors. not to professional that’s just my own personal opinion.

5 Likes

Hands down brother, let me correct my previous statement. i don’t like the trash talking but the dude is a beast and i would gladly take one of his classes.

5 Likes

lmao

3 Likes

I like Eric’s vids (Greeneye Tactical). He breaks down each technique in simple terms.

5 Likes

A point of contention here is looking at the mag well for mag changes.
While it does help guarantee a successful mag insertion, It also requires taking your focus off the target.
Just a thought.

5 Likes

Makes sense, different strokes for different folks. TTPs differ from person to person. Its just like how some folks like keeping their firearm pointed down range when reloading and some like to bring it in to their “work space”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Anyone else find it weird that Pat McNamara hits the saftey on mag changes?

2 Likes

yes but it is becoming now part of the manual of arms with the AR, he is not the only one teaching that

2 Likes

I think Frank Proctor teaches that too. Just seems to be a little more fidgeting of the hands then what I like to do. The military guys In that comment section sure ripped into him and spit on his credentials though.

2 Likes

Mag change empty to full while in contact not a chance in hell of putting the rifle on safe
“Tactical” reload while in contact but no target - not a chance of either changing mags or putting it on safe
“Tactical” reload in lull or on completion of contact maybe but there has to be no threat.
“Tactical” reload on a cease fire and putting on safe, for sure.

5 Likes

Bump…

5 Likes

YouTube took down a lot of guntraining channels it looks like lol

5 Likes

Someone needs to show hollywood how to change mags in shoot em up scenes. they fire a million rounds and never reload.

6 Likes

Too much work not enough pay. They need another 4 million to do that.

4 Likes

Speaking of mag changes, what’s the one gun you remember that was a pain to change a mag in?

6 Likes

All H&K rifles and their clones are a pain. guess the guy who designed them had fingers 12 inches long.

5 Likes

There are some easier than others, AR15s are easier than AKs for example.

4 Likes

Wow those fuckers on youtube sure took down alot of videos.

4 Likes