Ar15 magazines and other forums

Here is a thread over on ARF.com on a plastic magazine test. They compare various brands of polymer mags like Magpul, Troy, Tangodown, Tapco etc

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/The_Unscientific_Plastic_Magazine_Test___Videos_pg15___Part_2_pg16___mobile_users_56k_do_not_click_/17-581741/?

8 Likes

Interesting info. I especially like how in the ar15.com thread a few of the plastic magazines where cracking. The aluminum g.i. Mags had bent feed lips from being dropped, but the user never bent them back in to shape for function testing.

5 Likes

It’s barfcom what do you expect

5 Likes

The technical subforum has some legit people, General discussion is what made that place “Barf.com”.

3 Likes

… no clue. Never been there. This is the first forum I have ever been to.

7 Likes

Its one of the biggest firearms forums out there, outside of a few subforums it has went to shit. The technical forum has some legit folks who build rifles for a living and are generally helpful though.

4 Likes

I agree to a point
There generally full of themselves over there imo

3 Likes

Same with the AKfiles and FALfiles to a point too. All forums have that issue, it dosnt change the fact that there are knowledgeable folks over there. The General discussion set up is retarded and what ruined it for me.

4 Likes

There just assholes on the files and they let it be known
Lol

4 Likes

They are full of themselves sometimes too but full of good info, i lurk over there alot. The technical forum on ARF.com is the same way ,so is m4carbine.net. People from the firearms industry like BCMs owner, Noveske, etc chime in on ARF.coms technical discussions or used to, the idiots from the general discussion kind of chased them off somewhat by being c*nts. Or it was like that last I bothered going on there.

4 Likes

Too many keyboard warriors there, I never joined.

4 Likes

It would be hard for you to be King if you didn’t surround yourself with us serfs

bow

3 Likes

The big problem I seen there and M4carbine was if you didn’t own one of the elite rifles they approve of, they made fun of you and your gun. I don’t own any they approved of. plus a mod at M4 banned me for telling a creep that.

4 Likes

Only King i’ll ever be or get close to is Burger King. :rofl:

4 Likes

must be like owning a gun, you just have to shoot something

or having a fast car, you just have to floor it

so

being a mod and having an Ace show up, yep, ban that black motherfucker

3 Likes

This is the only gun forum I’m even on

5 Likes

god how would I have fit in with my Norinco CQ-A

5 Likes

If @Belt-Fed didn’t own what they consider to be an elite rifle then I really don’t think I would quite fit in with them anyway.

6 Likes

He only owns those war hammers, nothing fancy or, elite

4 Likes