AR15 trigger (poll)

Whats your preference for an AR15 trigger? Why?

• Mil spec
  • Other single stage trigger
  • Geiselle
  • Other double stage trigger

0 voters

7 Likes

I prefer coated mil spec triggers now of days. I am a little more accurate with a 2 stage but I just like the single stage more, especially with any type of rapid firing. I really like hiperfire triggers too but I dont like spending that type of cash for the one I like.

7 Likes

BFSIII FTW

7 Likes

I voted for the one no one can ever seem to spell or pronounce correctly: Geissele.

Took the plunge on a high dollar trigger years ago by picking up their SD-E version for a high end AR build. I’ve never looked back.

Lastly, for those of you taking your full custom rigs into combat soon: this is not the trigger you’re looking for. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

ALG defense Advanced combat trigger,

7 Likes

If its the one im thinking of im pretty sure the ALG ACT is a really high quality coated mil spec trigger. Im pretty sure ive owned one of those and the non coated version. Ive went back and forth on trigger selection for my AR15s but always seem to fall back on these coated mil spec triggers for my AR15s. For carbine courses or rapid fire the single stage just works better for me. Hiperfire is another good but spendy very customizable trigger.

These are the ones I really like:
ALG ACT
BCM PNT
SOLGW fighting trigger
Spikes Nickle Boron battle rigger.

For 2 stage I still recomend the Larue MBT to people, which goes for $80-110 and is made of tool steel instead of mim like alot of other triggers(which is ok but I prefer TS all things being equal). Also I heard there is a straight trigger Larue MBT now. Anyways, good choice. :+1:

6 Likes

Well Fuck…I was close. Its pronounced Guyz-lee right? They make good stuff, I still prefer Larue for a 2 stage, ymmv.

6 Likes

I have a pile of rifles with the LaRue MBT-2S. It is every bit as good as my SSA, under a hundred bucks, and I prefer the wider shoe. They have a flat version now but so far it’s vaporware.
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

7 Likes

Not sure if it’s right or wrong, but that’s how I say it too. :thinking:

8 Likes

I believe that is how the guy who named the company after himself pronounces it also.

9 Likes

I have several MBT2s as well as a single stage drop-in trigger. I have replaced all of the milspec triggers but I have not tried a coated one. That may be the next one I try. I can always put in a Larue if needed.

8 Likes

@Caw, it’s nice to have the option of the purple reduced-power hammer spring included with the trigger unit.

5 Likes

Aaaaaagh!! What the hell does he know?!:clown_face:

6 Likes

I dont remember mine coming with those.

5 Likes
7 Likes

although I have the Larue MBT 2s in my 308 we are talking about ar15. In that I went with a POF single stage drop in trigger system. So far it a hit with me.

https://pof-usa.com/product/drop-in-trigger-system/

7 Likes

Guys-Lee SSA-E is my favorite trigger. I also run two Aim SSTATcassette-type triggers in other arms.

6 Likes

I run two of these triggers. I am very happy with them so far.

7 Likes

Larue MBT also comes with a heavier hammer spring that I run in my AR in 762x39. It has never had a FTF that I remember.

7 Likes

Agree with the top not the bottom. All my real working rifles, carried on duty, have the SD-E. In the service my MK12 had a Geissele as well. If your not ready to shoot keep your finger out of the trigger guard. If you are drawn down on someone with your finger is inside the trigger guard then your life or someone else’s should be in danger at that person should be shot already. Anything else is bad training that will lead to tragedy.

8 Likes