AR15 trigger (poll)

I still think the Hiperfire is tops… but I run that old one on damn near every “go to” AR i have.
Larue has a new trigger… not sure if I posted that. They are really good.
Elf, and a few others I have liked…
Just not a big fan of drop in.

7 Likes

I’m currently building my first ARs, one 16in and one pistol (unsure about that length atm)
I’m looking for a sub $100 single stage, but unsure where to start or who to avoid.

8 Likes

ALG Defense sells enhanced mil-spec triggers. They are polished to remove grittiness and maybe a little bit lighter. I have one and it does provide a noticeable improvement over standard mil-spec triggers.

https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html

However, I would recommend spending a little more for a drop-in trigger group. I’ve had good luck with Velocity triggers. I have tested them and they run great.

11 Likes

The best $100 trigger is the Larue MBT line but it’s a two-stage on par with Geiselle(sp)

8 Likes

LaRue hands down is a great sub $100.00 trigger. Yes it’s 2 stage. MBT-2 just plain rocks.

9 Likes

Thanks!
Honestly, i don’t mind spending the $$$ on the velocity. Although i have been trying to research each part, their effectiveness and potential shortfalls if TSHTF, i had never heard mention of steel-cased ammo having to be considered.
THAT was good to know, especially if it does matter.

10 Likes

I don’t shoot steel-cased ammo, but I heard that it has harder primers. The 4lb trigger has a stronger spring for better ignition reliability, so they say.

9 Likes

I like coated mil spec triggers on my shtf rifle. Then again im getting pretty primitive in my old age of 31…

11 Likes

12 Likes

I probably wont make it to 50, i always considered 20 mid-life.

11 Likes

I thought that too @ 20 and running around the French Quarter every night with some very popular bands. Buncha sick F-ers.
Thank God i never got into really hard drugs.

9 Likes

Bump…still rockin a coated mil spec trigger (SOLGW).

5 Likes

I love my geissele ssa-e. I have one in a PSA m4gorey with a fn socom barrel . Best shooting AR I’ve had. Love it.

9 Likes

It really don’t matter what trigger you put in any firearm. If you don’t have trigger control, and press the trigger, you can spend all the money you have on a trigger and still be a lousy shot.

14 Likes

This👆

10 Likes

I don’t have a drop in trigger in none of my AR’s, they are all stock triggers. think the only trigger i have that’s had something done to it is a colt 45 auto.

10 Likes

I mostly use stock triggers but i stone the engagement surfaces. And use JP Enterprises enhanced springs.

9 Likes

Can you explain to me exactly what are enhanced springs ?

9 Likes

JP Enterprises Enhanced Reliability Trigger Spring Kit AR-15 3-1/2 lb (midwayusa.com)

8 Likes

I know where one can buy them… but thank you anyway. I was just asking @MAC82 if he can explain the difference.
So many people jump at the spring option to make a trigger feel better, or in hopes it will make them a better shooter.

For many years of Gunsmithing nothing I have seen works better than honing the surfaces of the sear and disconnect, and polishing the internal surfaces for a smooth consistant trigger pull.

Well it’s just my opinion , anyway I’m off to get summer air in my tires to help improve the gas milage.

10 Likes