Archers, show your bows!

This is 1 of my crossbows. Excalibur Equinox. I use 150gr fixed blades. Excalibur 3-9 illuminated reticle. Very accurate. Laser & light mounted atop the scope. 225lb draw. Very good out to 60yds(as far as I have shot it) shoulder issues restrain me from using my old compound bows.

10 Likes

This past year I hunted with a Wing (Bob Lee) Red Wing Hunter, 1967/68 ish. 53# @ 28" and I draw a hair over 30#. The broadhead was a Mowoc Dot made in 1960.

My most treasured is a 1966 Browning Explorer 52#@28" in rosewood. It’s fast and silent.

And a couple more kicking around . . .

10 Likes

Very nice!..my 1st was an 70’s bear recurve

4 Likes

Mine was a 70’s Bear recurve, too! Wish I still had it. So far, all I have are recurves and longbows, but momentary bouts of target panic have kept me from enjoying them as often as I’d like.

I like the crossbow pictured in the first post and am tempted to get something like that to play with.

4 Likes

It looks solid. Got goid reviews, too, but more than I’d be willing to pay for my first “starter” crossbow. And good point about the lower maintenance recurve crossbow. Good reason to consider one.

3 Likes

This weapon has taken more lives to date than any other in my arsenal and that’s a fact!

7 Likes

@Wildlife nice bow, beautiful buck!

3 Likes

I’ve had compounds and recurves, but no crossbows.
Now it’s only recurves.
Somehow it’s just more satisfying getting an accurate shot with a recurve.
No sights, just instinctive style.
Not as hard as it sounds.

3 Likes

Just got my bow back from the archery shop. New string & tuned for a new draw weight for my new arrows I’ll be using this season.

She’s now good to go and I’ll be shooting this far more than anything else in my arsenal over the next month in half until bow season opener. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Great shooting there!

2 Likes

@Belt-Fed

1 Like

I didn’t even see this, I don’t have bow. I had a PSE years ago and couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn with it.lol I could hit good at where I had it sighted in, but don’t move the target closer or farther away.

1 Like

I haven’t had a bow in years just crossbows. Years of weightlifting worked a good number on my shoulders to where I cannot pull back and hold a compound bow well. But there’s nothing more exciting than being 10 feet to 20 yards and taking a large animal.!

3 Likes

Well I lied, I do have a bow, it’s a recurve my sister gave me when her husband passed a couple years ago. its a recurve. nice bow. I have never strung it up. i’ll go take a pic and post it. back in a bit. if it ain’t raining too hard.

1 Like

It’s a bear, gotta be old cause it has wooden arrows.

4 Likes

I’ve had these wooden arrows for years, still in the box.

4 Likes

That’s a nice bow! Wow, wooden arrows. Haven’t seen those in a while. Are they still straight?

2 Likes

Looks like it, first I looked at them in years.

1 Like

I still shoot wood out of my longbow. Places like 3Rivers Archery sell them. I usually buy the raw shafts and then finish them. I prefer bamboo over wood, though.

Anyway, nice Bear recurve Belt-Fed!

3 Likes

My horizontal bow:

4 Likes