Are revolvers a practical option for defense?

Do you consider the revolver a practical option for personal defense in your home and on the street?

I know many people cite Ayoobs work and claim a few shots are enough but as of the last few years I have my doubts about that. Just look at the increasing number of bangers,rioters, homeless people etc.

I am personally nowhere near fast enough reloading a wheel gun to carry one for defense but have no opinion on them being obsolete or not.

This question is disregarding hunting applications where revolvers obviously shine.

Are revolvers adequate for defense?
  • Yes, revolvers are just fine
  • No, revolvers are obsolete
  • Revolvers are ok but not ideal

0 voters

8 Likes

Because only a 1911 is IDEAL :runlikehell:

11 Likes

I prefer a SMG

11 Likes

Not all of us are (belt) feds

11 Likes

I didn’t say a belt fed…i said a SMG

10 Likes

I prefer whatever I can get my hands on…

9 Likes

Ohhh the possibilities with that post.

12 Likes

Go ahead…thread is about revolvers…not my fault you got brain rot from being in back of the van too long…

10 Likes

I know but not all of us are (belt) FEDS … Just giving you crap though, I have never even fired a real SMG.

10 Likes

Me neither.

11 Likes

Just remember we are in the open forum not the concealed carry/basement. :grimacing:

10 Likes

J frame :+1:

11 Likes

I keep a 38 in one of the trucks. had a 357 in the other and traded it off for a 40 and some cash. A 357 is a fine caliber too carry. the problem with most revolvers is weight in the larger calibers. my favorite was always the 41 magnum. i had a compact one but was still heavy. The only 41 i have left is a six inch barrel. have a 44 in a 6 and 4 inch barrel. old smith and wessons.

12 Likes

Where do you put the flints in those?

11 Likes

On the hammer, just in front of the frizzen and flashpan.

10 Likes

A revolver beats poo on a stick almost every time.

If it’s what you have it’s what you use. I used to shoot PPC and I’d be very happy with a revolver in an ugly situation.

A bit harder to conceal due to the cylinder, though.

10 Likes

It’s not the tool. It is the person using it. Now days I consider my revolvers back up guns.
I carried a 2 1/2" S&W Model 19 for years and didn’t feel undergunned. 1911 style of pistols are my cary gun of choice now days.

9 Likes

When most people carry a .380 with no reloads I don’t see why a revolver would be any different.

9 Likes

Amen brother!
They’ll work. Even at a distance w/practice

Train them right and they’ll NEVER be d-rat scum.

8 Likes

A practical option for defensive carry (to defend yourself with) absolutelyđź‘Ť

8 Likes