Are revolvers a practical option for defense?

I carry a North American Arms. 22 mag all the time it’s not all i carry but i never leave home without it.

7 Likes

I keep a 2in .38 sp in my sling bag with a couple of speed loaders, sometimes I carry this and don’t feel under gunned

7 Likes

As long as it’s a belt-fed revolver, I’m good with it!

9 Likes

I bet if someone used that in a defensive situation the jury would eat them alive. Lol

7 Likes

Depends on how many attackers there were and what they were armed with lol :grin:

Probably have to identify them through DNA testing…but I digress.

7 Likes

:laughing:

6 Likes

Might want to wipe the the war paint off before the cops arrive and hide those self inflicted bowie knife cuts across your chest, they may get the wrong idea if they show up to this and a pile of meat.

downloadfile-3_(2)

5 Likes

The only problem I have with a revolver is that it’s been a VERY long time since I trained with one. Plus the grip angle is so different from what I’ve been using for the past 40ish years. But they do the job just fine. Give me a few minutes and I bet I haven’t lost much time loading from speedloaders. But finding the red dot with the foreign grip angle? That would take time. Yes, my one remaining revolver wears a red dot.

A revolver would NOT be my first choice today for myself. But yes, for someone up to speed with one it’s a fine choice.

8 Likes

I think any gun can be used in self defense. Secondly my wife has a snub nosed .357 mag double action revolver, and a Sig P229 9mm.

She prefers the revolver because in a time of defending the house if I’m not home she doesn’t want to worry about pulling the slide back and she doesn’t want to keep a semi auto loaded in the house (It’s a girl thing). So she prefers the double action revolvers.

9 Likes