Are you ready for Civil War v2.0?

Fair enough , its weird to see somewhere you grew up at turn into a crime infested shithole. Used to be a shooting every couple years(if that), we’ve had a dozen this year I think. Used to be just drug issues here and there, now its bangers too. Crazy times, my grandpa always says this is not the America he grew up in, im thinking he is right and Its only going to get worse.

4 Likes

Take a stand. (But don’t leave fingerprints.) :wink:

4 Likes

Alaska wilderness is sounding better &better

5 Likes

I hear the bear can be pretty racist and that the moose are heavy meth users. Maybe try the artic.

3 Likes

Even when unemployment and the economy are reportedly improving, social tensions can be dangerously high. Shockingly deadly and destructive riots have been and can be started by an assassination, a court case or jury verdict, a blackout, a police shooting or arrest, or even a rumor (see Newark riots of 1967). No one would have predicted the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand would lead to World War I, but it DID. Call it the butterfly, snowball or domino-effect, seemingly trivial events sometimes have earth-shattering consequences. And, in this age of the internet, panic can spread at the speed of an electron.

Just imagine for a moment what would happen if Trump dropped dead of a heart-attack tomorrow. A septuagenarian under great stress who eats Big Macs dies suddenly, and everyone would peaceably accept the medical explanation of his demise, right? To the contrary, this could quite possibly and quickly lead to violence. Even attempts to impeach and/or prosecute the president could be a triggering event under our present circumstances. Given the course of events since the election, where might we find ourselves in 2020? And, that’s just politics.

What about novel pandemic like the one in 1918; a nuclear, chemical, or biological terrorist attack, a solar EMP or major cyber-attack, a major earthquake along the New Madrid or San Andreas fault line, a nuclear accident at a missile base or power plant, serious economic turmoil, etc.? As bad as these might be, the panic caused could be much, much worse. In turn, a chain of unforeseen consequences can multiply the impact exponentially. The hospitals are already overwhelmed, the police are already badly strained, and the fire fighters already can’t control the wild fires.

So far, we’ve been lucky. But, SHTF is still only three missed meals away. If someone else’s wife or child needs something you have . . . . ? Can you protect it? Got any extra cash? Got any extra meds? Got any extra gas? Gotta start somewhere.

3 Likes

After the hurricane and our ease of life because of planning and prepping…
Carmella don’t say shit about the bunker.

4 Likes

Some Barter/Good will items:
Alcohol
Cigarettes/chewing tobacco
Tea/instant coffee
Water filters/canteens
Lighters/ferro rods/matches
Tarps/blankets/plastic sheeting/garbage bags
Ibuprofen/naproxen sodium/aspirin
Candles/batteries
Canned/dried food/sugar/honey/spices
Bandages/soap/detergents/sanitizer
Baby wipes/razors/petroleum jelly
Fishing gear (line/hooks/lures/sinkers)
Insect spray/rodent traps
Rope/duct tape
Tampons/condoms/diapers
Candy/games/crayons/paper tablets/kids’ books

5 Likes

Ah, looters and price-gougers! How many murderers will make Florence an accomplice to conceal their crimes? How quickly the unprepared in desperation shed the veneer of civilization and morality! Depending upon one another’s hearts, ye had hoped that virtue were not all a dream. Now ye are undeceived. Evil is the nature of mankind. Evil must be your only happiness. Welcome again, my children, to the communion of your race.

3 Likes