Auto-aimer: Heresy, but effective

This takes all the fun out of long range. But if government starts using it, it could be a 2A game changer.

The main tactical drawbacks I see are dependence on quick-draining batteries, extra weight, need to re-zero for different ammo.

7 Likes

This has been around for a while. Another company made these and the army tested them but didn’t buy them

7 Likes

What was is called? Do you know why it was rejected?

7 Likes

TrackingPoint who knows why the Army rejects good equipment. I think Trackpoint cost around $35,000. When it was first developed.

In January 2014, the U.S. Army purchased six TrackingPoint fire control systems to begin exploring purported key target acquisition and aiming technologies. The Army has integrated the system onto the XM2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle for military testing.

8 Likes

If I were evaluating it, I’d dock it some points for being almost 15lbs, and for the WiFi vulnerability. I prefer air-gapped electronics, if software is required.

6 Likes

remington at one point sold a rifle and tracking point combo, not sure if it is still available…

9 Likes

I think @Joe has the Tracking Point System

6 Likes

I have a TrackingPoint rifle. The Remington version was a test version before TrackingPoint came out with their own setup.

It’s not yet a classic but I think the Remington TrackingPoint will be a collector’s item.

6 Likes