Bad Moon Rising

What you wrote was well said, as to the link I did not read it, but see the one box on rejecting the idea of authority to a single man

So I answer to the both of you, if you can not see the giving of authority in Matthew 16:19 as it is written, and I paraphrase in todays english:

And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Then I praise his name for it, as he came to divide and we are divided.

But, I will offer this, his words (Jesus) as they relate in parables, in hopes you hear Him speak, example A, leaving his goods trusted to others, Unum Sanctum, the claim of everything (all goods) being owned by the Vatican, while we await Christs return

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

See the similarity …

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

Example B, let it out, and left, on a far journey

That’s just two similar examples, stories, spoken in the flesh at the time he was here for different purposes, but they demonstrate the idea

And that’s what we have here, Jesus left, while he’s gone he left his goods, they’re all his, lent out the tower he built, and explicitly gave Peter the keys and the ability to bind on earth as it is in heaven, to manage it while he’s gone, I have to believe you guys wan’t to be profitable servants, I do, not to hear

Paul penned Romans, it sums it up pretty well also

And all this is coming from someone (me) who was once there, hating Catholics, and its not that I feel I fit in now, I don’t, and I’m still bewildered when I attend mass at the faithfulness of the people, its amazing to behold.

4 Likes

I say this as one who seeks not to unify, nor even to illuminate, but to cause rumination that the Spirit may.

…faithfulness of the people, its amazing to behold. Indeed.

However and wherever in the multitudes it is found, that Faithfulness is in Him who sent the Spirit, as it should be.

4 Likes

I have really enjoyed this discussion. Here is some more on the subject.

Now the keys of the kingdom of heaven are, (1) The key of doctrine, called the key of knowledge “Your business shall be to explain to the world the will of God, both as to truth and duty and for this you shall have your commissions, credentials, and full instructions to bind and loose:” these, in the common speech of the Jews, at that time, signified to prohibit and permit to teach or declare a thing to be unlawful was to bind to be lawful, was to loose. Now the apostles had an extraordinary power of this kind some things forbidden by the law of Moses were now to be allowed, as the eating of such and such meats some things allowed there were now to be forbidden, as divorce and the apostles were empowered to declare this to the world, and men might take it upon their words. When Peter was first taught himself, and then taught others, to call nothing common or unclean, this power was exercised. There is also an ordinary power hereby conveyed to all ministers, to preach the gospel as appointed officers to tell people, in God’s name, and according to the scriptures, what is good, and what the Lord requires of them: and they who declare the whole counsel of God, use these keys well, Acts 20:27.

When ministers preach pardon and peace to the penitent, wrath and the curse to the impenitent, in Christ’s name, they act then pursuant to this authority of binding and loosing.

4 Likes

Great response, I like it, but I’ve not walked where you’ve walked

quite the contrary, and have a much different view on

Knowledge, the term is found 231 times in the 1611, 118 in the OT, 51 in the NT and 62 in the Apocrypha, the penalty for rejecting it

Last year I spent time with a 79yo preacher, sharing the same as I do here, two weeks before his passing he expressed a regret for not pursuing knowledge, he had all the Bob Jones and various credentials a modern preacher could want, but no knowledge

Lets go back to the beginning

I can go on, but you either see something, or don’t,

addressed

Gentiles, it was not about food my friend

I’m afraid that’s so,and what of extra ordinary powers… ?

4 Likes

All Christians are equal my walk may have been longer. Some their walk is short . But through Christ we all arrive one day at the same place . Eternal life .

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1 John:5:11

4 Likes

The Penn/biden Center AKA the clearing house for chicom bribes to the d-rats and bidoom crime family.

5 Likes

I DID write it, and no I don’t question it. It is an overview of an in-depth Bible study on Fundamental Baptist Biblical Doctrine. Baptists are not protestants, they are Baptists. They have never been nor will they ever be protestants. Waldensians were Baptists and they were wiped out by the RCC. The Paulians were basically Baptists and they were nearly wiped out by the RCC, the Anabaptists were Baptists and they were wiped out by the RCC. John was a Baptist not an RCC, as the Bible clearly states John the Baptist, not John the RCC or pope. So if you want to pursue this who was protesting who. BTW RCC did not start until 311 when Constantine wanted to bolster his ranks and incorporated some of the romish paganism into the New Testament church at Rome so he could “recruit” them into his army. At which point they were chastised by the churches of Asia minor and fellowship was broken with them.
Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
JESUS CHRIST’S words not mine.
'Nuff said.

5 Likes

That’s a great initiative, very good, I did see where a proof read might do well if you intend to circulate further, a missing e on “are” comes to mind, I need to do better myself as I sometime don’t take the effort, or worse, don’t even know what is proper.

Interesting claim you make on Baptists being first in time, was John the Baptist not so called as that’s what he did, was he the first Baptist or were there others before him?

As to your claim of Constantine’s intent, why would you not see it in reverse, that it was Christians who assimilated Rome, that the time of 311 was the time of its harvest, to that I mean we know Rome was a dreadful place to preach, but it was preached to, at great cost, before, during and after this time there were Christians under Caesar the same as there are Christians now in law enforcement on all levels

So what happened in 311 was Christianity was made legal, the same as the 1611 was made legal

How does any of this convince you that Jesus did not bestow on one single man the authority to manage his Church?

And what are people afraid of exactly, that a wolf, Rome, adopted sheeps clothing, Christianity?

If so do they dare not try the spirits whether they are of God as instructed?

Do they rather bring railing accusation?

Or is it not that they are afraid of Rome, but reject the law, reject being governed?

The Catholic Church is not as condemning of Baptists as Baptists are if it, I was Baptized as Baptist, that had to be confirmed and was accepted before I was converted, and I was converted

I do try to strengthen yet I’m not asked about conversion, what was it like to enter the Wolfs den, did you see Satan?

That sure seems strange to me, why not, maybe I seen something important, maybe I seen something wrong, and I am not happy with all I see, the last Catholic Church I attended I went to the priest and spoke of something that bothered me, in two weeks it was changed, something that affected the entire congregation, I plan to do the same where I attend now, I hope for the same result, its not just here I hope to strengthen, its there as well

I bet we could say the same of the Pope now, we constantly read headlines about his being easy going on gays and Muslims, how dare he?

The answer for me is simple, if he is to be the Vicar of Christ then he sure better be about Christs work

And what of us, do we debate, strife with one another over doctrinal error?

Shall we unite against authority, or submit to it?

Can we ever truly been born again in spirit if we don’t suffer ourselves to be killed in the flesh

should be, so resist the powers as ordained, or submit?

3 Likes

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1 Timothy 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

4 Likes

When Phillip talked to the Eunuch Philip didn’t explain that he belonged to any one methodology or protestantism, or certian discipline or Religion . I post this to say I believe many there will be from every faith that teaches Jesus is the only way that will be there . Although many mistakes have been made along the way in EVERY branch of Religion.And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Acts:8:34-38
We all are weak.
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Revelation:3:8

4 Likes

You are correct. I am a Christian because JESUS CHRIST saved my soul when I admitted that I was a sinner (Romans 3:10, 23), in need of a SAVIOUR, and professed JESUS CHRIST as my LORD and SAVIOUR (Romans 10:9-13) and JESUS became the LORD of my life. I am a Fundamental Baptist because that is what most closely fits what the Bible teaches. Religion in any form does not save, JESUS CHRIST and JESUS CHRIST alone does.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

5 Likes

Yes. This is the core truth and essential element of Christianity. The only discussion can be on the qualifications to recieve Salvation and keep it.

4 Likes

I read it that way, did you mean it that way as well?

I’d like to sit along side you and say “Amen”, tell you to preach it

But there’s some questions I have, I’ll ask you a couple

Have you ever read this, truly read it, with understanding?

If so then I imagine you counted as instructed, right?

Count 6+6+6

That’s what you’re told to do, is it not, count is a verb, denotes an action, right, so what type of verb do we have here?

If you do as instructed you’ll get the number of a man

search the forum for “6+6+6” to read more on this, which includes the NAME and MARK as well, I think they’re all in concealed areas except this one, but I say here now if you take a look, a deep look, I bet you’ll find you have the NAME,MARK and NUMBER already, and likely worse, that you also WORSHIP the beast

Imagine that, a confessed Christian, impossible?

Next question, what is a few?

Does it mean anything to you to consider Jesus doesn’t know you?

Impossible.

So then, perhaps it is yourself, that does not know YOU, or where it is you yourself are.

back to knowledge, have you rejected it?

2 Likes

I was saying , it comes down to As stated in Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans:10:9
Philip discussed no religion, no affiliation Simply Jesus.
Thats what it all boils down too.
Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Acts:8:35
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts:4:12 .
So you see I am an independant fundamental Baptist but I dont believe it is my Baptist affiliation that will get me to Heaven .
I believe it is Jesus in my heart.
What if a person was saved in a Methodist church, or a hotel Room or a Barnyard a cow pasture. I have known people in all 3 of those examples. I even knew a Catholic that got saved in a church pastored by a methodist preacher with a congregation full of non-denominational attendees from methodist, baptist,pentecostal folk.
It simply takes Jesus.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans:10:17

5 Likes

Bingo!

He didn’t want us to make it harder than it was either, putting out road blocks and stumbling stones.

Let the children come to me for such is the Kingdom of God, unless you enter as a child, unless you think and reason like a child, you shall not enter the Kingdom of God.” (Matthew 19:14)

4 Likes

Man through religions have definitely complicated it for the lost. I have had some say to me … So what type of church should I get saved in ? The lost have heard so much about religion and not simply just Jesus. It dont take a specific Church, or a specific preacher just the Word be preached and the lost hear & accept it

4 Likes

Yep.

Faith that leads to the Kingdom is like the faith of a child. The thinking required is as simple as that of a child.

4 Likes

If you are human then GOD has offered salvation to you. Whether or not a person accepts that gift is up to them. GOD wants us to love HIM by choice, not fiat.

5 Likes

What thinking is that ?

How does a child think, do they ask questions, soak up learning as they’ve never done it before, or refuse to see and hear whats presented, is it to think and reason, or except you be converted?

The verse you posted must be minority text, it seemed to be a blend of 18:3 and 19:14,

4 Likes

Well, a child trust and comes with an open heart .

4 Likes