Baltimore county PD to replace FNS 40 with Glock 17 due to accidental discharges.

Guess FN has been taking advice from Sig. What a shitty trend, lets just have cops and soldiers be our guinea pigs instead of doing thorough testing and using better QC standards. :grimacing: :confused:

From the article:
“The study by the Arizona DPS found that the pistols can experience out of battery detonations and accidental discharges from knocks to the weapon”

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/01/baltimore-county-pd-to-replace-fns-40-with-glock-17/

2 Likes

Sure, because Glocks have never had any issues with negligent discharges. Guess they never heard the term Glock leg.

1 Like

Glock leg is a training issue and Glock fixed the issues. Sig and FN both deny their design flaws. Not to say its a bad pistol but Glock does not seem to be having these issues ,currently.

" Three pistols experienced a trigger pin either backing out or moving slightly out of position. This trigger pin is a component that requires routine maintenance "

" Glock leg unknown A condition where a person shoots himself (or herself) in the leg while holstering their Glock pistol. This can happen with any weapon yielded by a careless user, but it is common among Glock pistols due to the lack of a manual safety, relatively light trigger pull, and lack of a proper hammer to push on while holstering. "

1 Like

Every time I holster my weapon I check to make sure the holster is clear. It’s not a hard step to do.

1 Like

Thats true , ive never had an ND like that either but then again alot of people just are not safe with guns. Then they blame striker pistols for not having manual safeties.

1 Like

few days late…

2 Likes

My safety, that’s why I got it tattooed.

1 Like

Sorry about that , I completely forgot. Lol

Good reminder :rofl:

1 Like