Best scope rings ? Recoil?

So something that has always plagued me is scope rings that will not allow a scope to scoot back under heavy recoil from large magnum revolvers. I seen Burris has some nice looking rings but even they show 2 rings in the front and one in the rear. It that good standard practice . And suggestions.

5 Likes

I am using the Ruger rings that came w/my 454 Super Red Hawk.
Burris and Leopold both make good pistol rings. Warne also makes some really tough rings.

5 Likes

SSK made a good system in the past. They’d put it on their handcannons and the scope would be destroyed long before the mount gave in.

I have their TSOB on a .308 Win and a 
375/06 JDJ with no problems at all. The link is to Freedom Arms ‘cause the illustration is a hair better but the SSK Ind’ website has lots more choices.

A better illustration.

On my .375/06 JDJ I only have 3 rings and that’s plenty to prevent the scope from flexing.

6 Likes

lapping the rings and truing would make a different to make “equal” clamping force, makes even cheap one better.

4 Likes

I don’t even know if they are still made, but the Redfield dovetail base rings I have on my .223 Rem carbine were on several barrels before and have always been solid from .35 Rem (abusive) to 10" .44 Mag and .223 Rem 14" (pleasant),

5 Likes

Lapping rings scares me 

Cause I never felt like any of them held and lasted for very long lapping makes me think they would be bigger and allow more scooting.

4 Likes

I just looked them up they are only 148 miles from me. I drive that much every day for work I think a trip to winterville is in the very near future

4 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

I can’t believe how much I hate driving these days, to be fair I don’t have a comfy vehicle, but I dread any distance, what do you do for work that those are daily miles?

5 Likes

SWFA sells TPS rings, they are the best we have ever used. There be several sets around here. But then they sell the SS scope, which is my preferred glass.

5 Likes

I am a Safety Consultant in the oil and gas industry (Antero) specifically speaking. They are based in Colorado but have many many many wells in WV and OH and have big offices about 20 miles from me .
So I drive from site to site checking on crews and safety compliance.

5 Likes

I will look them up also

5 Likes

PHEW!

What a relief, wow were we ever in need!

5 Likes

Lol, I guess I will accept gladly :sweat_smile: :relieved: got a monicker now huh
lol :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I will say
 Registered Coon-Ass 
is a pretty catchy moniker and I always chuckle at it though

5 Likes

Sorry, there can be only one :grin:

5 Likes
5 Likes