Beto O’Rourke: Gun Owners Will Willingly Hand Over Their Firearms When I Ask Them To

Actually don’t be surprised if Pelosi and other top dems inject a more moderate candidate the closer we get to the election. The dem leaders don’t want these radicals, they know the only way to win is to appear moderate. So don’t be surprised if Muchelle Obama or Opera or someone similar decide to run after being pushed by Pelosi and gang.

8 Likes

Think I got this off another thread here but it says everything that needs to be said about him.

6 Likes

Ya got to admit he hasn’t changed his platform any.

8 Likes

Nor his mentality. Still a first class fool!

7 Likes

YES SIREE! I hate all speech about someone TRYING to take my firearms from me.

5 Likes

This guy is absolute proof there’s aliens among us.
You know, the kind from another planet.

6 Likes

He was picked as the one to put it out there, the 3 main candidates support it and who knows what will actually happen if one of them beats Trump, either way he is mostly right. All the Working, tax paying, family men/women gun owners would hand them over, too much to risk and lose. It’s easy to say you would fight and not comply, but there won’t be many standing beside you. Anyone who would put up a fight would create more people against you. There would have to be some kind of current society ending thing happen before the current political climate would change. Majority of the population would side with them if it meant they could keep leading the lives they have with no interruptions….I often wonder what I would do IF it became Law I had to sale back or hand over certain guns ? I honestly don’t know, I like to think if enough chaos ensued I would be in the middle of it, 20 years ago I would be with no hesitation, now my body and mind knows I could not put up much of a fight. I guess we will see if it ever happens. One thing I won’t do is let someone like Francis get under my skin…

5 Likes

The same one in which people get all up in arms about the crap that comes out of a political nobody’s mouth.

4 Likes

Is that a real pic of Beto or something photo shopped?

3 Likes

No idea

3 Likes

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
United States of America Declaration of Independence

7 Likes

So why have the people not taken it back already ? the infringements have been going on for years and yet it continues…written words mean nothing if no one acts upon them…

4 Likes

According to a lot of the YT Freedom/Gun Preachers that line has been crossed for a long time…I look at everything around me and the 2nd Infringements are not going to stop by the Anti’s and I don’t see gun owners doing anything, Your right that if gun owners don’t do something BIG and don’t do it very soon we might as well invite Francis over for dinner.

4 Likes

Congress hasn’t passed a major gun control law since the 1990s. The combination of the 1993 Brady Law and the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban cost democrats their majority control of Congress, and the ‘old school’ democrats still remember this. A couple years later, they did pass Lautenburg’s bill to add those convicted of domestic violence to the list of prohibited persons under the 1968 Gun Control Act, but that was low hanging fruit for them (not many will stand up for the rights of wife beaters, so they were a safe target).

The US Supreme Court has given 3 fairly solid rulings on 2nd amendment issues, since then. Heller v DC, McDonald v Chicago, and Caetano v Massachusetts. Cliff notes of those 3 cases is essentially that local, state, and federal government does not have the authority to ban “arms” that are in common use, and this includes current arms technology, not just the old level of arms technology. There are pending court cases on 2nd amendment issues, with the US Supreme Court scheduled to hear one against New York City’s restrictive registration laws in December. Multiple suits against the bumpstock ban, with the ATF having admitted in one of those cases that they had no authority to take the action that they did, in that ban.

What we are now seeing, is largely drum beating for campaign purposes. The same is going on with the ‘impeach Trump’ issue. The older democrats want to make noise to make an appearance of fighting the republicans for ‘their voters’, but not actually do anything. The problem for them is that the younger democrats don’t understand how quickly their pep rally for a cause can quickly turn into the silent majority kicking them out of office.

The younger crowd of democrats hasn’t had enough experience to see that a close group of very vocal friends is not going to make enough of a difference in politics, when voter backlash comes along. They are being used by the older democrats to keep the ‘brainwashed college crowd’ voting democrat, but the older crowd doesn’t want to give them enough to endanger efforts to gain a majority in both the House and Senate or to give up control of the party. The younger democrats do see this at some level, and they keep pushing against not only conservatives, but also against their own party leadership (one of the first things AOC did after getting to DC, was join a small group of radicals in protesting outside Pelosi’s office). It’s an internal power struggle, in addition to the external power struggle against republicans.

And what about the ‘will not comply’ crowd on our side? Yes, the ‘line’ was crossed decades ago, but it wasn’t done harshly enough to prompt people into open rebellion. Elections served their purpose in stalling the democrat party’s gun control agenda at the federal level. Court challenges are currently chipping away at what headway the democrats have made in passing gun control at state and local levels, as well as creating case law that can be used against any new federal gun control (and Trump is making more conservative appointments to that court system).

So are the ‘will not comply’ crowd just going to satisfy themselves with giving Beto the finger?

“The first rule of fight club, is that you don’t talk about fight club.” Talk to enough people that were active in the gun community from 1994 to 2004, and you’ll hear some claim that the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban was one of the most ignored federal laws in US history. Talk to some more, and you’ll eventually hear somebody comment that the NFA probably isn’t all that great in terms of compliance, since it’s so easy to put a pistol upper on a rifle lower. Talk to some more, and… well, “you don’t talk about fight club”.

But what good is a group that won’t talk about what they are doing, or won’t do anything more than say “will not comply”? Seems to be driving the democrats absolutely nuts, if you look closely enough. Get one of them talking about registration, and they won’t let go of that bone, no matter how you shred the arguments that they will state to suport registration. California passed a law requiring people doing 80% builds to apply for a serial number from the state, effectively registering them with the state. New York has sent letters to the 80% suppliers, ordering them to quit shipping them to addresses in their state.

An “estimated” 400 million privately owned guns in the US, and estimates that are all over the place on the number of AR-15s. “Estimates”, because nobody knows how many there are, and nobody knows where most of them are. The democrats were working toward gradually imposing registration requirements at the state level, but their younger crowd is doing what younger crowds do, and is pushing the party toward ‘taking the next step’ without waiting for the registration plan to be effective. This scares the older democrats, because they don’t have enough info on how many guns there are, or where they are, and that lack of info is terrifying to people that have a compulsion to control others.

5 Likes

That’s a relief :grin:

4 Likes

If they beat it loudly enough, it is likely to have the opposite result of what they are hoping for. Pelosi and others in the party leadership are most likely watching to get some sort of indication of how well the drum beating is being received, before deciding what to do after the next election.

For the first two years Obama was in the White House, the democrats had enough of a majority in Congress that they likely could have passed any gun control laws they wanted. Instead, they focused on Obamacare, and didn’t say much about gun control until after the republicans had gained enough seats to be able to block them.

The 2020 election results will have a large impact on how willing the democrat party leadership is to take on the issue of really passing federal gun control.

4 Likes

Sorry to tell you ,its more than them beating a drum just look at the individual states and their infringements to get a glimpse of where the real damage is being done. I live on the pro gun side of Oregon and the tranny-fairy-buttfuckers running this state are not beating drums they are shitting on the people. Cali, NY, WA , etc are all evidence of it too.

3 Likes

Were you 2 sweethearts then?

2 Likes

I prolly wasnt even born yet, nice try.

2 Likes

Found this pic of you

2 Likes