Birth of a new gun owner

Hello everyone. My name is Chris. I’m fairly new to gun ownership, but occasionally I’ve shot them growing up to now. I currently now own 2. I have purchased them and will most likely purchase a couple more primarily for protection. That protection may be in my home or on my person. I don’t have any current plans to be a collector, but it’s a little too early in my time as a gun owner to say with 100% confidence that will always be the case. For now, I’m aquiring for a specific purpose, protection for my wife and myself. I’m looking forward to chatting with some of you and learning as much as I can from who I can about how to be proficient in firearm usage, safety and maintenance. Thank you everyone

17 Likes

Welcome from near Raleigh NC, where do you lay your hat? I’ve only got 3.5 guns, sound similar to you, mostly for protection but they are fun also for target shooting. That’s a good way to keep familiar with them. What flavors of gun do you have?

14 Likes

Hi Nole. I live in Clearwater, FL. Currently I have a Remington 870 Express HD and a newly acquired S&W M&P 9mm 2.0 full frame.

This is my email signature

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum @04Chris.
I am sure you will get your questions answered here.

12 Likes

@04Chris

I’m currently at Fort Polk Louisiana, have a few.

The 870 is a good shotgun and reliable design. If it’s one of the newer ones, my understanding is the finish on them rusts pretty easily. Make sure you oil it appropriately.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @04Chris

12 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I bought the 870 just before Thanksgiving 2018

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Clearwater is a beautiful area. Shoot straight on Ulmerton Rd has fair range prices and they have been friendly whenever I’ve been in to shoot. I try to stop by when I’m down that way visiting family.

12 Likes

Welcome from KY

12 Likes

MUAHAHAHHAAH welcome to hell!!! I started for self defense also.

10 Likes

Thanks Rex

8 Likes

Lol

10 Likes

Too late buddy, you’re hooked like crack and the monkey’s on your back, now go find an IDPA/USPSA/Steel range for the good stuff

BTW, you’ll miss a lot not visiting and just relying on emails

13 Likes

He’s right get the app and use it on your phone at work.

10 Likes

Hello @04Chris Great to see new gun owners! Don’t worry, you’ll be building your first AR in no time. :wink: You have found the perfect forum to share your new lifestyle. I say lifestyle because it becomes more than just a hobby for many gun owners. You are now part of a community and brotherhood. Welcome aboard.

10 Likes

There’s an app? I just use Firefox on my phone.

10 Likes

Welcome from Texas! How do you like your M&P 2.0?

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!!

11 Likes

Welcome, just avoid @Belt-Fed and @Joe and you should be fine. Also as far as guns go be careful with AR15s they are evil vile instruments of an imaginary war…and very addicting. Much like 1911s are to the old people in depends, that is all , enjoy.

14 Likes

@04Chris welcome to full30.

9 Likes