Birth of a new gun owner

and five of you liked this post, shame on you all. :rage: also welcome Chris.

12 Likes

Also Chris, just to give you a clue. this is @Caw

https://imgur.com/gallery/ijegK2h

8 Likes

Wasn’t me .

11 Likes

Welcome @04Chris
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!! Great choices on your 2 firearms so far. As for no intention of collecting…yeah right! :joy::rofl::smile: I think we all started out that way! As your love of guns progresses, so will your toy pile. Also, we are the largest group of enabling bastards you have stumbled upon, DO NOT look for us to talk you down from future purchases!

12 Likes

I’m an optimist, so I like to call it moral support. :wink:

10 Likes

Welcome from NC. Love my 870s.

12 Likes

@Equin I haven’t had it that long and i haven’t been to the range with it yet. :pensive: I have shot one at the range when i was narrowing down my choices. I was deciding between the Sig P226, Glock 19 and the M&P. I went to a range that has a muti-gun rental deal i used to make my decision. It really came down to a few things for me: feel and action. I liked the single action of the Glock and M&P which ruled out the Sig and i like the way the M&P felt in my hand which made it more comfortable to shoot. I did hold a P320, but i still liked the feel of the M&P better so i didn’t shoot it. Then, i shopped around and found a good deal on an M&P. It did come with the ambidextrous thumb safety which i’m going to take out. I bought the frame plugs from S&W that finally got delivered about 2 weeks ago. I’m also shopping for a good deal on a Stormlake threaded barrel for what will become my first suppressor purchase. When i type all this out, it seems as though i am starting to slip down that all to familiar “slippery slope” of gun ownership. I guess i should go apologize in advance to my wallet.

12 Likes

As a new guy you may not have had the confusion of this discussion yet, but…

Is it single action?
Double?
DAO?

IMO Glocks term “safe-action,” fits best :+1:

10 Likes

I know you’ve already made your purchase, but if you ever get a chance try out the Beretta APX. They’re really underrated guns and their prices have dropped considerably of late (like low $300 range). I prefer the Centurion size, but shoot the full size (non finger groove frame) the best. The grip is outstanding compared to other striker fired guns in this category.

EDIT: Here’s my Centurion right after I had the barrel from a full size cut down and threaded. Beretta didn’t offer a threaded barrel for the Centurion and Compact models when first released -they do now. That other mag is from a full size gun and uses an adapter to fill the gap. So running higher capacity mags is an option as well:

11 Likes

You work hard, you deserve it.

12 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: you just picked a hobby more expensive than a crack addiction

9 Likes

You live in a great area to get into action shooting. Check out Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club. Matches held weekly post Corona. Frostproof, OK Corral are all in easy driving distance from you. I was a member of Port Malabar until I moved to Georgia last year. I really miss that club. You don’t have to be a member to compete in matches at these clubs. Don’t be afraid or intimidated to start going to matches. Their are competitors from all skill levels competing. Most people will be more than willing to help you improve and refine your ability’s. Just don’t be afraid to ask. Use pratiscore.com to find matches at these clubs.

7 Likes

I just got an email today from Walmarts attorney. I currently have a lawsuit pending. Their offer was slightly above my bottom line. I’m thinking of buying a Desert Eagle .50AE. What do yall think should I?

9 Likes

If you want a 50ae desert eagle go for it. Ammo is expensive. Gun is huge and heavy. Not very practical. They are good guns.

8 Likes

I reload and I already have at least 100 pieces of brass. Huge and heavy sounds like me.

If you can think of a better way to put half inch holes in things then I am all ears :hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

I use a 50 Beowulf to do that. Thinking about building a pistol version to match the rifle I have.

9 Likes

Okay their are other ways but to say one is better than the other is personal preference. I love them all some much :cupid:

8 Likes

I had 2 of them, smiled like a butchers dog 1st time I pulled the trigger, fun guns!! This was 1 of them…

10 Likes

WHOA, dat be Big Pimpin’ right thurr! :astonished:

tenor (1)

9 Likes

Do you like a safe queen you take take out to rub out occasionally?

For the same money you can get an actual shooter

Maybe step it up a bit

https://xtremegunsandammo.com/product-category/pistols/sti-guns-for-sale/sti-2011/

maybe a bit more

9 Likes