Black powder .45 acp loads in a semi auto

I never considered this , I have no idea who this guy is but the video was neat.

7 Likes

I hope he does not fire those. I watched the first minute.
You do NOT measure black powder by weight, its measured by volume.

Unlike smokeless powder that burn, uncompressed black powder explodes under pressure. (confined to inside the case)
From the primer to the bullet bottom, the powder has to be solid.
Also He left out the .030 veggie wad which is very important to stifle leading.

I have reloaded and fired every straight wall case we own.
45/70, 357 mag, and 45ACP.
It works in all of them. If you build them like they did in the 1880s. If not, you can damage your arm, and you face.

6 Likes

I get almost 1500 rnds of 45acp out of a pound of bullseye. I have several pounds. Primers and projectiles are another matter. I can cast bullets and I stock up on primers when I can. Don’t see the sense in bp. Yes bp measures by volume not weight.

7 Likes

Did he not shoot more than 17 rounds?

5 Likes

Can you make a video showing the correct/safe way for FULL30?

5 Likes

hickok 45 did this and loaded the rounds with as much powder as he could get in the cases with no problems…

6 Likes

Would it work for 9mm?

5 Likes

Interesting experiment, but absurd.

Anyone who runs out isn’t worthy of survival. They’re just one of the sheep to be led to the slaughter.

5 Likes

5 Likes

All straight wall cases.
Somewhere this post is way longer. I must have sent it to another thread. When I find it I will relocate it back here.
Where the coffee pot…

5 Likes

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

I think it depends how primitive it gets and for how long. It’s hard to imagine no more ammo being produced at all. I will be conserving as much as I can if the supply dries up.

5 Likes

Stack it high and deep. If someone can’t afford factory ammo, then start to reload.

Heck, even ordinary citizens can see the writing on the wall, so we have absolutely no excuse. We need to be able to equip and supply folks that we’ll need for our security.

4 Likes

Is this primtive enough? Happen on the India/Burma border

5 Likes

If it turns into years we will have to do some skills bartering to stay in good shape. May be wise to relocate also but I already have some good relationships established at what may be a bug out.

4 Likes

Did they bitch slap each other? I only watched the first 30 seconds or so.

4 Likes

It was totally a slap fight.

4 Likes

That would make a difference. I got outta Dodge 40 years ago.

You might also be able to place some caches. If I didn’t live in my bug out that’s what I’d do. Heck, I know others who live in their bug out and they have caches.

4 Likes

I hope I get the bug out set before I need it but it is in a decent location and has room for a small garden. It is smaller than it should be but surrounding features will help alleviate that . Forest and creeks/rivers.

5 Likes