Blew Up My Barrel With a Squib

OMG! Lmao Now that is the derail of the month right there. New meaning to the word squib round.

6 Likes

I swear to God that’s never happened to me before.

6 Likes

On practice rounds, I go cheap too. I practice with higher quality here and there but I run pretty cheap stuff for fun plinking. Or just reloads

8 Likes

This happened to me last year. Luckily, I realized what happened and didn’t fire the next cylinder.

Squib

8 Likes

Holy crap.

5 Likes
5 Likes

My brother’s 308 loads squibbed in his wife’s rifle. I stopped her before the next shot. She was pissed, especially when her 45 got a squib shortly thereafter as well,
That was early on in his reloading. He is much better at it now.

8 Likes

Early in my use of my Lee pro 1000 I ran a batch of 45’s. Somewhere in the process the powder hopper was shut off. There was like 50 out of 250 rnds with no powder. That was a fun day at the range knocking bullets out of the barrel.

7 Likes

Sharp, fast thinking boys!:+1:

5 Likes

You found @Caw 's stash…

6 Likes

Have a lawyer buddy? a smartly worded lawyer will get the ammo company coughing up the repair cash and replacing the unshot ammo.

7 Likes

Primer was enough to propel them into the barrel?

3 Likes

Early '80’s I had an UZI squib one in the barrel. I cycled it and BOOM.
UZI spit both bullets out and kept running.
Grandma’s peeps make good shit.

OH and a .223 WILL chamber and fire in an AK
Shit happens while SUT in the dark

6 Likes

Yes primer sent the bullet about 2 inches into the barrel. These were cast lead so take the barrel out , smack brass rod with a hammer and the bullet pops out.

5 Likes

My gunsmith told me about squibs and said indeed the primer will push it part way down the barrel with no powder.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

4 Likes

I respect them. They’ve kind of had to figure out how to fight to survive.

4 Likes

Any time you get the “pop and no kick” - you stop, clear that fucker, and check that barrel. The pop-and-no-kick was a squib…

This is what happens to the people that don’t check it - for real.

9 Likes

Here’s more…

10 Likes

And amazingly the High Point didn’t explode, or at least it doesn’t look like it.

On another forum a guy was shooting his Kel Tec 380 and had a squib. He didn’t notice and fired again. It burned his hand a bit but not seriously. He looked and found the first slug on the ground in front of him and the second one just barely sticking out of the barrel. He sent it in to the factory for inspection and all was well. No damage at all.

8 Likes