Book thread

ownly bok I evr red wer se spot run

4 Likes

Care to challenge your school’in?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098343560X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The author is not a 10, but the content is 10x

picked this up on a whim on a counter top at a gas station in NC

very happy to have done so

3 Likes

Look interesting

3 Likes

Selco survived literal shtf , his book and blog are pretty dark but informative.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Secrets-SHTF-Survival-Violence/dp/1792159226

Ive posted a few of his articles in the survival sub forum.

5 Likes

Don’t bite @Joe … its his cannibal cookbook in disguise :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

What’s wrong with a couple yanks rotatin on a spit on the BBQ grill?

6 Likes

Cannibalism seems pretty practical in a shtf scenario

5 Likes

Best bbq in town.

5 Likes

I am reading “Our Dance Has Turned to Death” by Carl Wilson. Basically Wilson identifies the common pattern of family decline in ancient Greece and the Roman Empire and the seven stages that parallel our society today.

4 Likes

Hammerhead Six
A year in Afghanistan w/a Green Beret A team.
Available on Amazon.
Troups doing $hit right.

4 Likes

Saw Chris Miller on the Mockingbird Tube this morning. Right up until he was forced to allow the disintegration of the rule of law to continue unthwarted, and was unable to save our nation he was a larger than life hero. Perhaps he still is…

I hope someday to know the backstory of the final days of last legal administration of the great.American Republic and its fateful take down. Until then we must give Chris the grace and honor due him for his amazing service. I believe Chris to be a true man of honor, courage and leadership. Remarkably in the end he is man who saw it all from a saddle to the front row seat at the Pentagon

This great book is the true story of the incredible men that answered the call, and who were the very point on the tip of the spear. True warriors…

Horse Soldiers is the dramatic account of a small band of Special Forces soldiers who secretly entered Afghanistan following 9/11 and rode to war on horses against the Taliban. Outnumbered forty to one, they pursued the enemy army across the mountainous Afghanistan terrain and, after a series of intense battles, captured the city of Mazar-i-Sharif, which was strategically essential to defeat their opponent throughout the country.

The bone-weary American soldiers were welcomed as liberators as they rode into the city, and the streets thronged with Afghans overjoyed that the Taliban regime had been overthrown.

Then the action took a wholly unexpected turn. During a surrender of six hundred Taliban troops, the Horse Soldiers were ambushed by the would-be POWs. Dangerously overpowered, they fought for their lives in the city’s immense fortress, Qala-i-Janghi, or the House of War. At risk were the military gains of the entire campaign: if the soldiers perished or were captured, the entire effort to outmaneuver the Taliban was likely doomed.

Deeply researched and beautifully written, Stanton’s account of the Americans’ quest to liberate an oppressed people touches the mythic. The soldiers on horses combined ancient strategies of cavalry warfare with twenty-first-century aerial bombardment technology to perform a seemingly impossible feat. Moreover, their careful effort to win the hearts of local townspeople proved a valuable lesson for America’s ongoing efforts in Afghanistan.

3 Likes

I am ready to learn more. Maybe about something I might be over looking in this area. I may understand the tool, but the use has of it has nuances that will change when the SHTF.

2 Likes