Boots

I also have a pair of these:

They will set you back $100 bucks, but they are definitely a top-tier boot.

7 Likes

Great boots! I have the Garmont NFS 8” boots. Very light. I trained and eventually ran a mud-filled 10K biathlon in them with about 20-25 lbs of gear, and they did great. Garmont customer service was also good. Their size 12 was a bit small for me. I couldn’t find a 12.5 wide anywhere, so I contacted them directly. Although they don’t typically offer that size, I got them shipped to my door in a matter of days after I called them. And yeah, mine set me back about $150.

7 Likes

My Red Wings cost me 300, my whites 400. Good boots are worth the $ . I learned my lesson working the green line at a lumber mill/yard.

7 Likes

:+1: Red Wings. Buy once, cry once. I’ve got a pair of steel toes I’ve had for over 15 years now. Most people don’t know you can take them back to any Red Wing store and have them repaired and/or reworked for really reasonable prices. I’ve had mine resoled twice and new uppers stitched in, with strings and insoles each time. They’re also the most comfortable boot you’ll ever own after they get good and broken in.

7 Likes

The other ones I like as a cheap alternative are Justin Workboots. They are perfect for something you want to bang up in the field and still be comfortable. They’re also waterproof.

So the Red Wings are more what I’d consider an industrial solution. If you work in a factory or somewhere on concrete go with them. But down in the dirt, mud, and creek waters -general farming- go with the Justins.

I can’t stress enough how the environment and conditions mandate the footwear.

As for military style boots, no thanks. I had my fill of them and couldn’t wait to hang 'em high. I do have an old pair of jungle boots in my truck toolbox though. If I get stuck in the mud I climb into the bed throw them on and take care of business. When I’m done I leave them in the bed until the rain has rinsed them off enough to throw back in the box. You can’t bust those rock hard old dogs. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

and whine a lot now considering they are made in China and seem to match little yellow foot sizing - my whole adult life I have worn 9 1/2, my whole military career I wore 9 1/2 R and suddenly my feet grow two sizes when I entered the Red Wing store…

I do wear Reeboks composite toe (Converse before that) once the weather warms / dries up.

7 Likes

Sad, once I would pony up for pair and considered them the best

no longer

6 Likes

:point_up:

6 Likes

I always purchased Red Wings for work boots. Spendy, but they last a long time.

Another all-time favorite of mine is the classic Vasque Sundowner. They moved production to China in the early 2000’s and faced major customer backlash, so they moved production back to Italy.

8 Likes

I hike in my redwings too. Not the most comfortable but they work. Also had a pair of Oakley combat boots given to me, they were pretty nice untail a dog ate one of them.

6 Likes

Didn’t know that. Such a shame. :frowning:

Mine are old enough they’re US made. Have a date stamp on them of 12/03. So looks like they’re almost 17 years old now. :hushed:

8 Likes

I didnt know that either :thinking:

The brand that pissed me off was Doc Martin’s.Wal Mart quality for $150.

6 Likes

Just bought these for $40. I’ll let you all know how they wear when they arrive this week.

8 Likes

I bought these today. They are Heaven for feet! I have a moderately narrow foot with moderately high arches, so finding the perfect boot has never been easy. However, these boots were made for me. They feel glorious…and well worth the $250 sale price.

8 Likes

:scream:

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly. However, happy feet = happy Brad. When my feet really hurt, this can happen…

IncredibleHulk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

The logo has a Star Wars feel. And nothing wrong with dropping some coin on a good pair of boots.:+1:

8 Likes

@Robert, the boots that I wear are made in the USA Wolverine boots. I think they’re out of Michigan good quality for your dollar for sure👍

5 Likes

Marvel makes boots now?

JK

4 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, Yes and they come with the 3 retractable OTF claws :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes