Boots

:rofl:

4 Likes

I checked their site as that is a huge draw

what I seen looking at a grid view was random “built is usa” icons

clicking one it read

does 100% made in the USA exist for any apparel anymore?

6 Likes

@Robert, :thinking::man_facepalming: I don’t know? The boxes that I have from Wolverine boots, say made in USA :us:

5 Likes

When I had this Coonan rig made

I thought as its a ranch they used their own leather

I was told no, that all US leather goes to CN for tanning and is then purchased back

That we have no tanneries here, same as lead smelting, our EPA regulations rate both toxic

CN has no EPA

all part of our demise

No industry, no ability to manufacture, reliant on master :dragon:

6 Likes

@Robert Diamond D Alaskan chest holster, made with Hermman Oaks leather, I think they may be 100% USA made.

5 Likes

Well now that is cool as hell :+1:

Good to know, thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

@Robert,
You’re welcome P.S. I like your rig a lot, really nice :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks, it was well made too and I recommend them if you want custom made

I even had Coonan build a custom cadet to match

then sold it all :confounded:

5 Likes

Here’s a list of US tanneries:

There are still plenty of them around, but cheap imports and synthetic material have cut into the business.

Isn’t SRDriver from Canada. If so, he can correct me if I’m wrong. But I believe Canada’s equivalent of the EPA is the Canada Environment and Climate Change.

But yeah, 100% USA made boots (and most anything else made in the US) are hard to find.

5 Likes

we “don’t” really have a EPA group - however each Province does have their own Environmental guidelines, most being for occupational exposure

6 Likes

I just shared how it was explained when I spoke with the owner, I was surprised the leather wasn’t from his ranch, perhaps its just too difficult for a smaller outfit to comply with the EPA, IDK :man_shrugging:

5 Likes