Breechloading a Glock

How bad is it to put a cartridge directly in the breech of a Glock?

Whenever I swap between my carry load and a DryFireMag, one cartridge always comes out, and it’s easier to put it in the breech than to stuff it back into the magazine when I’m done training. I’ve fired close to 1000 rounds with occasional breech loading and never had a problem.

6 Likes

Well the horror story is snapping your extractor… I’ve never seen it happen personally but, there are images of it online.
I personally prefer to load my chamber from the magazine as the weapon was designed to be loaded.

8 Likes

I have always let the magazine feed the round into the chamber. Others say they do so as you described and have never had issues. Yup there have been broken extractors.

6 Likes

It is not as hard on the Glock extractor as it is hinged and can move over the rim. 1911’s the extractor doesn’t move like that. They should be fed from the magazine. I use a magazine to charge my Glocks as well as all my semi auto pistols.

7 Likes

I’d say if its that difficult to run a full mag then run one short, might be doing your mag spring a favor :grin:

6 Likes

I hate California.

8 Likes

Not a good idea in any pistol.
It can cause damage to the extractor as it has to distort to get over the rim of the case.

8 Likes

Another “just load it from the magazine” vote here. Look at it as an opportunity to practice a mag swap.

7 Likes

Yeah I just load mine from the magazine.

7 Likes

I just load another belt…

Oops, wrong gun :sunglasses:

9 Likes