Broken Heart

When I started work at the Hospital I met a woman who worked in OB, she was gorgeous in every way, Looks, personality, funny…one of those women you long for. She was married with kids and we were instant friends. She left the hospital to go start her own business as a hairdresser, she said it was what she always wanted to do. I saw her just a few times over the last 18 or so months, She always made sure to see me so we could chat. She was at hospital today with her husband and I did not even recognize her at first, she was frail and thin as a stick…she has stage four Pancreatic cancer…I was at a loss for words, as bad as she was she still smiled when she saw me. What a woman, I had to hold back tears thinking why this happened to her. I am very mad, sad and can’t fathom how her husband and kids are handling this…she will be on my mind now at all times. Please think a good thought for her, trust me you would instantly love her if you met her…I would take it all away if I could so she could live a long life,

9 Likes

That’s how you leave me with your story as well, very regretful, sorry you had to share :pensive:

9 Likes

I needed to type something just to try and make some sense out of it…thanks…

9 Likes

Good luck with that, anyone with some years can share that feeling

8 Likes

Thoughts and prayers for her and her family and for you. watching someone die is a horrible thing to go through. you suffer right along with them.

10 Likes

Thoughts and prayers her and her family, and you.

9 Likes

I’m praying for her and her family and that you get a peace even in the unfairness of it.

7 Likes

Prayers sent.

7 Likes

Thanks, it means a lot…

5 Likes