Buckshot vs Slug: What’s Best for Self-Defense?

@BrianK I think well we all loose some muscle mass as we age. About 4 years ago I started a weight lifting and excercise regimen with dumbells.
I had started for 4 distinct reasons.1.
I got a new job which required much walking. I was dreadfully over weight and out of shape. 60 pounds heavier than when in my prime.
2. I had been on High Blood pressure medicine for 15 yrs.
It never made me feel better as a matter of fact it made me feel sluggish and I was a slave to it and I wanted free of it.
3. I bought a motorcycle after 15 yrs. Of being away from it and it weighed 963pounds and I was not in the exact shape I needed to be .
4. I also bought a 10" BFR and I wanted to be able to hold it flat and steady for a long time to come. (Because I got tired of deer hunting with a rifle. )
I do mostly situps 60 or 70 at a time, sets using 20# dumbbells skull crushers butterflies,curls, bench presses, & my Arm extensions using my 40 pound dumbells.
Took me quite a while to get to where I could do all those.
I was truly surprised how long it took me .
I have lost the 60 pounds and havent really gotten bigger muscle wise just replaced my fat with muscle and redefined some.
I tend to feel the GNC protein powder I take after every workout helped me to gain back some that I lost.
I dont know why I wrote all that . Dont take it any way or rather its just the preacher blabbering .

7 Likes

Yeah, I do what I can to exercise, but other issues limit what I can do.

8 Likes

That’s encouraging.

6 Likes

@Festus I appreciate that it was also hard to stay away from all the sweets and A&W rootbeer I love so much :joy:

7 Likes

BTDoingT. I understand 100%. I’ve been in ketosis for 2 months shy of 4 years and I didn’t get to be a great baker by not liking bread. I miss carbs, but for me they’re poison. My Dr tells me to keep doing what I’m doing. I wish I had known 60 years ago what I know today about diet and heart disease. We’ve been lied to and everything that is common knowledge about it is wrong. It’s almost like it’s deliberate.

My Dr told me that he agrees with me and that I’m on the right track. But the damage is done. I can limit further damage but the existing damage is irreversible.

FWIW, one can make acceptable no or low carb Root Beer at home. I make it by the glass as I want it. Some day I should figure out the recipe and write it down.

7 Likes

Like yet another way to destroy humanity, orchestrated behind the scenes from an entity hell bent on our destruction, and that seems largely lead by the US,

I watched this yesterday

then watched the only video left on this site

The personal experience he shares about Russia and Iran :exploding_head:

So yeah, when you say

I think its safe to FIFY to say

I’ve watched all the Netflix documentaries on food, and I still struggle to eat well, I’m now giving up coffee yet again as I have stomach issues I can’t seem to get under control, food and the stomach brain are crazy, the more you can share about your experience and situation the better for others, you may not reach us all, but even one can make a difference.

6 Likes

Almost?

7 Likes

If you’ve ever read any of my stuff you know that what I was saying was tongue in cheek. Of course it was deliberate. But maybe not by the folks we think are the drivers.

A fraudulent “study” was produced by a so called Dr. The media ran with it and everyone “knows” it today. Advertisements push the data in a very subtle way, but since it’s common knowledge it’s just accepted. The problem is this, no one, and plenty of studies have tried to repeat the results of the original study, but with no success. That’s because they are doing real studies and not trying to produce a fraudulent study to get fraudulent results.

8 Likes

Have you watched all the Netflix documentaries?

4 Likes

@Robert who ya askin? Cause I personally dont have netfix havent had em since before OVomit and Big Mike got there deal with them .

5 Likes

Same here.

5 Likes

Brian but everyone should, there’s some very powerful info, a few off top of my head, this first one is slammed hard, not well received at all

And there are more

5 Likes

@Robert

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Timothy 4:1-3

7 Likes

You confusing me with a SDA member?

Though while they don’t eat meat they are among the healthiest in America

Part of Daniels diet perhaps?

IDK but I enjoy a good steak, but getting a good steak, or any good food, that can be a struggle, watch the videos, you’ll see why.

I had been buying my beef straight from ranchers but have since reversed meat from being the majority of my diet to the minority, trying to get my gut health in line, too many years of not paying attention to where our food comes from, too much wild turkey, too much sugar, IDK, but like Brian writes, it takes effort to reverse, why not keep from the need in the first place and find out what the health?

We’re funny, we’ll listen to ideas on which shotgun shell to stockpile, but not which foods to eat :thinking:

6 Likes

I just everything in moderation.
Some weeks is chicken the next the feathers …
Bologna one day , peanut butter and home made jam the next.
I havent had a beef steak since last summer …
Cant afford one.

7 Likes

Lol, :yep: uh huh…yeppers…

Lol of course not … if you was SDA I would have figured that out by now.

6 Likes

lol, I’d of mentioned Ellen White a trillion times?

5 Likes

I was in love with a SDA Maiden when I was younger. My Lord, she was healthy. :innocent:

6 Likes

One of those 12 sandwhich eatin’ winches ,eh ??

5 Likes

I was at the supermarket yesterday and saw whole packer briskets. That supermarket NEVER has packer briskets, so I had to look at the price… $103 @ $10/lb. Unbelieveable! I love southern BBQed brisket but haven’t made one in years. Steak is less costly.

7 Likes